News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Soviet Orders, Medals and Badges

Hi Dan,

Yeah no details will be relaesed until the item is in my grubby little mits :jumping:

Order of Victory

Hi Vic,

Kinda figured. :P Well, here's hoping it get to you mucho quicko and that you can then show it off in all it's glory. I for one can't wait! :D

I'll be right there pacing the floor with you my friend. :beer:

Dan :cheers:

• Replies 196
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

Here's my latest since coming home from Florida. A bit worse for the wear but I tend to have a soft heart when it comes to underdogs. I got hooked on it the minute I saw it and lucked out on the bidding.

It's serial number: 2766686

And who knows... with research it may turn out to be a crown jewel... but if not I'll still love it. :love:

I'll post better scans when it arrives later this week. :beer:

UPDATE: Just arrived and posted here with better scans:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2090...t=0#entry199424

Edited by Hauptman

And although not Orders since they go with a series of Orders that I hope to complete at some point I figured I'd plop them in here... hope no one minds.

Oh, the 2nd class was another Ebay find by the way.

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Okay, a few more new goodies... well in the last month or two that is. Just now getting a chance to post as I've been up to my ears with work, work and work and trying to squeeze in a bit of sleep whenever I can.

First off, and I can hear the moans before I even post it. A wearing copy of the Hero of the Soviet Union. It's from Paul Schmitt and he'd had it for fourteen years. Also right before he shipped it to me he noticed for the first time that it has a mint or makers mark on it. Anyone have any idea what it represents?

Here's the pics. First two are courtesy of Paul and used with his permission... many thanks Paul!!!! :cheers:

And a closeup of the makers mark:

Also, anything that looks like tarnish or marks on the star are actually from the scan. Probably time to clean the glass again. But all the metal on this is in great shape and nice and shiny. It also has a good weight to it but as I don't currently have access to a good scale I can't tell you what it is. I'll see if I can get it weighed over at the post office and if so will let you know.

But it's a nicely made piece and a great fitted case to boot. And no idea as to the police insignia on the lid of the case. Paul didn't know either.

Okay, here's an 85 issue of the OGPW 2nd, also from Paul. The serial number was scratched out, probably by the original owner. But they didn't do a good job and the number is still very visible:

Serial number: 1823103:

Edited by Hauptman

Paul also kindly gave me an additional Orders book. Here's a shot of the inside pages (courtesy of Paul and used with permission, with many thanks!). If anyone would need/like to see the front cover, etc., just ask and I'll be happy to scan them:

Dan - what a beautiful collecton! :jumping:

Hi Charles,

Mucho thanks my friend. Been wanting to post these for quite a while now and as I say I've not had the chance working so much. But glad I was finally able to get some of it done. I'm actually heading over to the Hungarian section in a sec to post some of the new pieces from Zsolt. Should I pop in pics of the pieces we're doing? :unsure: Assuming they're in the package but as I said I won't open till X-mas as I know the presents are in there as well. But I have the pics of the bars and such you'd sent over. Let me know. :D

Hauptman:

I very much enjoyed reading your posts and seeing your excellent collection. By reading your posts I can see how much you enjoy this hobby. The members of this forum have played a major role in keeping it so enjoyable. Through their guidance and assistance they have helped me navigate a safe course. I believe this is why I enjoy this hobby so much.

Thank you for sharing what you have collected.

Regards

Rick

Hauptman:

I very much enjoyed reading your posts and seeing your excellent collection. By reading your posts I can see how much you enjoy this hobby. The members of this forum have played a major role in keeping it so enjoyable. Through their guidance and assistance they have helped me navigate a safe course. I believe this is why I enjoy this hobby so much.

Thank you for sharing what you have collected.

Regards

Rick

Hi Rick,

Sorry I'm so late in responding but have been up to my ears at work (3 jobs :o and may be heading into a 4th). I'm very glad you've enjoyed my posts. :beer: And I definitely agree that our fellow members here are life savers when it comes to keeping us safe and happy in this hobby.

I'd also like to say welcome aboard! :cheers: I look forward to seeing your posts as well and wish you much luck with your collection as well. :beer:

And a closeup of the makers mark:

Also, anything that looks like tarnish or marks on the star are actually from the scan. Probably time to clean the glass again. But all the metal on this is in great shape and nice and shiny. It also has a good weight to it but as I don't currently have access to a good scale I can't tell you what it is. I'll see if I can get it weighed over at the post office and if so will let you know.

But it's a nicely made piece and a great fitted case to boot. And no idea as to the police insignia on the lid of the case. Paul didn't know either.

Dan,

That suspension is from the Lenin's 100th Anniversary of Birth medal. These (suspensions) were made by different manufacturers, some of which stamped their production. As of today, there has not yet been a complete inventory of all the existing variations.

Marc