News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Soviet Orders, Medals and Badges

• Replies 196
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Told a friend about the two KGB LS medals and a bit later he said he'd managed to find me the one I needed to finish the set. Lo and behold on my birthday I receive not only that but a full set of the other type of KGB LS medals with the Roman numerals! Needless to say it was a great birthday! :jumping: :jumping:

Here they are... all together in a riker mount:

Best part... the 10 and 15 year Roman numeral types are on a bar together!

He wants to remain anonymous but my deepest thanks go out to him! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

• 3 months later...

My latest... a Christmas present from my wife Kim... isn't she terrific! :jumping: :jumping: Whenever she does such things the words from the old "Big Bopper" song come to mind... "Honey... you knooooooooow what I like!" :P

Order of the Red Banner (227,512) which I believe puts it in WW2. In the green bible it has:

227,108 14.6.45 2nd Belorussian Artillery Commander

228,566 6.3.45 3rd Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment Unit

Of course any comments or info welcome.

This is one I'm dying to research. I've yet to do any and have quite a number I want to get done... just have to get ahead enough $$ wise. But hoping against hope this one will be a good one.

Many thanks Paul! :jumping: :jumping: :cheers: I plan to... soon as I can get enough $$'s ahead to do it. I've never had anything researched before but hope to do everything I have over time... just a case of being able to afford it.

Will definitely post if and when I can get it done. :beer:

Edited by Hauptmann

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for taking the time and effort, much appreciated to see your great collection.

First off Gary I'd like to welcome you to GMIC. Also I'm honored that you chose to make you're first post in one of my threads.

It's my pleasure. Always happy to share with those that appreciate such things.

So do you collect Soviet/Warsaw Pact ODM's and militaria? If so would love to see your collection. Looking forward to your posts.

And again, welcome aboard! :beer:

• 1 month later...

Just added four more of these... although I've included the one I got a while ago with the rest.

I find it interesting how the ten on the one badge is attached via prongs folded over, passed through a hole and bent over whereas the other numbers are made as part of the badge. Is this just a manufacturer variation or does it indicate and earlier or later type badge?

Hoping over time to put together a full set. If anyone has managed to do this I'd love to see pics. :beer:

Along with the para badges there was a grouping of 40 assorted pins and badges. This one impressed me as it's a rather heavy, well constructed, solid badge. I'm assuming it's for an Academy (Nahkimov?) but if someone knows please let me know for sure. Also no idea if these are common or what... just came along with the rest and really stood out from the pack.

Ahh, It is a a Nahkimov Naval school graduates badge DanUSSR Badge, Nakhimov Naval Schools Graduates Badge. The Leningrad Nakhimov Navy School Graduate Badge , The school was created upon the Decree of the Council of the People's Commissars of the USSR of 21 July 1944, along the lines of a cadet corps, to teach and bring up children who became orphans during the Great Patriotic War of 1941-45 to create Officers and naval foremen. graduates of the school gained sea experience on the Navy's military and training ships, taking part in long-distance sea cruises, in Leningrad garrison troop parades, and, from 1946, in military parades in Moscow.

Hop this nails our mystery!

Gary, many thanks for the info on the Nakhimov badge. :jumping: :jumping: Sorry for the late reply but been having fits with some dental problems and I've not been able to keep up with things as well as I normally would. :unsure:

I spotted this one which I'm guessing is for a Suvorov academy... looks to be similar to the Nakhimov.Will have to try and get one at some point and see if it's the same construction and quality.