News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

Well, they're breeding again! My newest additions as of yesterday afternoon. Forgive the camera pics but was anxious to post them. Will be happy to do scans in the next day or two if requested.

Both are black and I cannot find any makers marks on them. One has a wider edge than the other... or perhaps thicker is the proper term? Both appear to be brass.

• Replies 73
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
    Guest Darrell

Also I just got this one a few days ago. Not sure if it's a good one or not. Didn't pay much as all so it's okay if it's not good... but of course if it is that would be terrific. So any and all opinions are most welcome. The MM is L/58.

Dan,

Unfortunately, the L/58 mark is deemed post War Souval by most.

Dan,

Unfortunately, the L/58 mark is deemed post War Souval by most.

Hi Darrell,

Well, can't remember exactly what I paid but I know it wasn't much at all so no great loss. Sure wish it had turned out though. Still ticks me off that the gold I had bought way back when I started turned out to be bad as well. Third Reich is simply a minefield plain and simple... no two ways about it. And I seldom attempt to go where angels fear to tread these days unless I see something for dirt... and even then... :speechless1:

Mucho thanks for the info my friend! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Guest Darrell

Hi Darrell,

Well, can't remember exactly what I paid but I know it wasn't much at all so no great loss. Sure wish it had turned out though. Still ticks me off that the gold I had bought way back when I started turned out to be bad as well. Third Reich is simply a minefield plain and simple... no two ways about it. And I seldom attempt to go where angels fear to tread these days unless I see something for dirt... and even then... :speechless1:

Mucho thanks for the info my friend! :beer:

No problem. The '57 BWB you posted in # 55 appears to be the same reverse hardware. Probably from Souval as well?

Edited by Darrell

No problem. The '57 BWB you posted in # 55 appears to be the same reverse hardware. Probably from Souval as well?

Hi Darrell,

Actually that seems to be the feeling of others. See my original post here:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=38024

I was extremely lucky to get this one. It was from an estate sale and resold on Ebay to another collector. It had been listed as a WWI and that's what the other collector purchased it as. :speechless: How he could mistake it for a WWI with the pictures clearly showing that it wasn't is beyond me. :speechless1: However, upon receiving it he decided he didn't want it as it was a 57 and not WWI so he sent it back to the seller and I purchased it from him. :jumping::beer:

• 1 month later...

My latest addition... on it's way from California and should be here tonight or tomorrow morning.jumping.gifjumping.gif

Hoping to redo my riker case of the collection and then will redo a group pic to show where I'm at at the moment.beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

• 1 month later...

I've had this one for a good while. Got it at a local auction. I didn't post because it was damaged. The hinge was broken off and there was no pin. Just had it repaired at my local jeweler and did up a pin for it. I think it looks much better now.

Dancheers.gif

• 2 months later...

My latest addition... an early Souval 57 in silver to go with my black one in post #55. I'd forgotten that one got nailed as a Souval as well.jumping.gifjumping.gif

Sure hope they continue breeding.beer.gif They're like potato chips... can't eat just one!tongue.gif

Dancheers.gif

• 11 months later...
    • 1 year later...