News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Belgian Victory Medals

Guest Darrell

Hi!

Why marking "January-Berchot"?

And I think the Belgian medals marking - a triangle and the letter «AC» (Establissements Adrean Chobillon)

oliver860

Hello Olivier,
    There is a Belgian medal manufactured by the French firm "Berchot-January."
    The punch is a triangle with the letters "JB" and the word "BRONZE". Depending on the model, the writing is small or large.
    By cons there is indeed a model "CHOBILLON"
    I think LASLO had no knowledge of all models produced.
    Regards

Hi Gents,

I see that Belgian vic on eBay - post #64 on page 4 - sold this morning for $213.50. If it was won by someone posting here maybe we could see close-ups?

Bill

Edited by Bilco

• 2 weeks later...
    • 5 weeks later...

Hello,
    I present to you my various Belgian medals, none is identical and I miss a model uniface silver with marking "boar".
    Regards
    Jean-Michel

Hello Jean-Michel,

While I have seen the uniface model in darker bronze, are you saying that there is a uniface model made in silver??

That would be interesting.

Regards,

Rob

Hello Jean-Michel,

While I have seen the uniface model in darker bronze, are you saying that there is a uniface model made in silver??

That would be interesting.

Regards,

Rob

Hello Rob,
    I found it odd that you have not yet responded to this medal .
    Indeed, there is a model uniface silver and model uniface vermeil. I know the person who owns this model, but I do not have any photos, I do not despair of you show one day.
    Regards
    Jean-Michel
    Edited by Jean-Michel

Hi,

Hi Bill!

This is not an official type 1. Suspension look original

None PAUL DUBOIS on the obverse.

On the reverse there is no «LA» and «R».

Diameter 36.8 mm, thickness 2.7 mm. Czech tape.

oliver860

It's not at all a Czech model but a belgian model made more recently (making less detailed and some of them have a varnish finish).

Here, three models of my collect:

65cx8m.jpg

Cheers

Pierre-Yves

Hi,

It's not at all a Czech model but a belgian model made more recently (making less detailed and some of them have a varnish finish).

Here, three models of my collect:

Cheers

Pierre-Yves

Hello Pierre,

You mention the model on the left, of the three you posted, has the Chobillon hallmark and bronze on the edge. Could you post a picture of the rim for us to compare?

Regards,

Rob

Hi everyone!!!!!

Here's my recently aquisition to my VM colection...a VM belgian/Czech version

Hello Peron,

A very nice Alexander Leisek produced variety. The obverse/reverse strike is quite good and the makers marks are quite pronounced.

There should be the faint marking of 'Paul Dubois' on the obverse on the right of the feet of victory as viewed. It is a bit difficult to see in the pictures provided.

Regards,

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Peron,

A very nice Alexander Leisek produced variety. The obverse/reverse strike is quite good and the makers marks are quite pronounced.

There should be the faint marking of 'Paul Dubois' on the obverse on the right of the feet of victory as viewed. It is a bit difficult to see in the pictures provided.

Regards,

Rob

You're rigth the signature is not very clear to see...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I just received this in the mail today, and got what I think is a nice surprise. A what seems to be a double hit. But as you look a little closer at the wings in the background are they larger and flat like it was grinded down not like a double hit? Looking even closer the figure is larger than the front one Blue markers are for the front the red for the back.

Jim

Hello Jim,
    This medal is very nice. This is the first time I see this kind of detail.
    The Belgian model has several variants with different small details that are not always visible to the eye.
    Thanks to you Jim, I'm going in search of this model.
    Thank you for the photos.
    Regards
    Jean-Michel