News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This is a really interesting bar to an officer who received the 1870 EK2. His unit was par of the IIIAK due to the bars. My question is would the guy have been with a Baden, Bayern or Mechlenburg unit? What is very interesting is the lack of the RAO and PCO. Any guess on the rank?

Paul,

Per the chart by Rick pinned above, The III and X Korps plus the 5th and 6th Kavallerie Divisions all had these bars plus others. The officer was not Bavarian since the Bavarian MVO is not worn first and the long service is Prussian. I would say a senior Prussian officer with the RAO and KO moved up to the 2nd class in a unit with a Baden connection. Let us know what you find out.

Dan Murphy

Guest Rick Research

Yes, I know whose and when this was...

but presuming that it is for sale someplace by somebody who didn't care enough to find out BEFORE selling it, please anyone do not post the identification BEFORE wherever the sale is completes...

gentlemen do not gratuitously raise prices on each other for a third party's unearned financial gain. :beer:

(And no, it was NOT a "celebrity.")

Guest Rick Research

I have no idea who is selling this, where, or for how much.

But in the happy event that one of we Band Of Collecting Brothers ends up with it, as much of "all" as can be, shall be revealed. :rolleyes: