News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Our New (Adopted) 2pounder Family Member

Hi Guys ....I'd been trying to cut a deal for this for about 5 months and finally we settled on a price, I bought it ..and I had it picked up by a flatbed Tow Truck. It's a 1942 Australian 2Pr Anti-Tank Gun ..since it's been cut and welded , it's technically a "non Gun" so it no longer has to be registered in any way. Luckily , my neighbors think it's great , my Wife is still thinking :blush:

When it's finished , it will look great towed behind my 1944 Jeep

Here it is ready for the trip home ---

I don't have a clue why someone painted a Japanese Meatball on the front ...another collector thought it could have been a Captured Gun used by the Japanese and brought back here for evaluation ...I don't think so.

It's in great condition but , I am missing a few items. I am trying to find a seat and the Ammo Box for it ..I think a friend might have the optical sight ...we'll see (no pun)

It's not a lightweight one ...1700 pounds !

I'd love to know how it ended up in the US

so ....what you guys think ..ya like it ? I couldn't pass it up

Think I'm ready for treatments or ...should I join a "Military Collectors" Support Group :speechless:

Guest Rick Research

That would look great out front under a "Neighborhood Watch" sign! :cheeky:

Nice to know the east bank of the lower Hudson now has some flank protection for the USMA! :beer:

That would look great out front under a "Neighborhood Watch" sign! :cheeky:

Nice to know the east bank of the lower Hudson now has some flank protection for the USMA! :beer:

I already heard from many there .."You bought a WHAT ???"

As long as WW2 Japanese Tanks are the only ones coming down the road :cheeky:

From what I've read , these 40mm's were not much use in Europe after 1940 ...the Japanese had thinner skinned Tanks so they saw a lot of action in the Pacific.

Guest Darrell

Mike ... have any Daughters? It would come in handy as a warning sign to all "prospective" males sniffing around the neighborhood .... lord knows I could use one sitting on the front lawn. :violent:

Mike ... have any Daughters? It would come in handy as a warning sign to all "prospective" males sniffing around the neighborhood .... lord knows I could use one sitting on the front lawn. :violent:

Nah ....in this PC wonderful world we live in , that would be sending the wrong message and offend someone :shame: Although ...I bet all the "prospective males" would address you as "SIR" right off the bat !

The Dept of Motor Vehicles told me I might need tailights and a light or red flag at the end of the Tube when I tow it . You know what would be funny ...maybe I should make up a red flag with "BANG" printed on it and stick it in the Barrel

Guest Darrell

You know what would be funny ...maybe I should make up a red flag with "BANG" printed on it and stick it in the Barrel

Now THAT would be funny :beer:

I'm really impressed with the quality and how this Gun was made. The ID plate says it was made by "General Motors Holdens" and I gotta tell ya ..they didn't cut any corners ...it's a keeper

Guest Rick Research

"The Dept of Motor Vehicles told me I might need tailights and a light or red flag at the end of the Tube when I tow it..."

That's interesting, because when I see the Real Military coming through every so often towing 155mms nobody pulls THEM over.

Hmmmm.

So... you're in uniform going to reenact and get pulled over? Just say "My Captain's gonna kill me for breaking convoy" and see if you get away with it! :cheeky:

"The Dept of Motor Vehicles told me I might need tailights and a light or red flag at the end of the Tube when I tow it..."

That's interesting, because when I see the Real Military coming through every so often towing 155mms nobody pulls THEM over.

Hmmmm.

So... you're in uniform going to reenact and get pulled over? Just say "My Captain's gonna kill me for breaking convoy" and see if you get away with it! :cheeky:

No Kidding ..Look at the Pickups and other vehicles with Troop Seats in the back ...with no seat belts. They have their own rules and ours don't apply. Guess they drive better than we do :unsure:

Well, that's not entirely true Mr. Research...... I happened to come across a pair of Self-Propelled 155mm Guns on low-boys right around the corner from your house ...... now that was a sight!

Now...... if they just had that red flag that said "BANG".....

Well, that's not entirely true Mr. Research...... I happened to come across a pair of Self-Propelled 155mm Guns on low-boys right around the corner from your house...... now that was a sight!

Now...... if they just had that red flag that said "BANG".....

You know ...that started me thinking about Rt20 and Auburn and RONNIE'S FRIED CLAMS ...thanks a lot guys , now I'm hungry and NY doesn't know what Ipswich Clams are :angry:

I'm doing "MidRats" out of our Restaurant tonight (not the Mess Hall) so, I guess that will have to do ..

Love the M-38! Classic Willys!

Hi Bob , The first Jeep picture was my 1944 GPW (Ford) ...I also have a 1952 M38A1 and a 1977 M880 Pickup and a 1977 M886 Army Ambulance.

The M38A1 is in front of the black Ambulance, my 1944 Jeep is behind it.

Good thing my neighbors don't mind this hobby ..now I need something with tracks ;)

Edited by Mike

PS: I grew up in Westfield.... as a kid I delighted in the one "cool old guy" in town who drove around M-F in a perfectly preserved Willy's. Radio, gerry Cans, Shovel, axe and pick.... full kit.

On the weekends he drove an M-43 Track........ now THAT raised a few eyebrows when it went by! ;>)

Hey Mike! I think Ronnie's is long gone..... but Howie's in West Brookfield, The Clam Box in East Brookfield and (my personal recommendation) Jaqui's Dairy Bar in Leominster are still around!~

WHAT ?? waddya mean Ronnies long gone? That was a Goldmine ..what happened , when?

Hey Mike, Ronnie's Ice Cream on Southbridge Street (Route 12) is still there, but no Ronnie's on 20 (??????) Maybe I'm confused a bit! We can ask The (Truly) Evil Twin?.... but I don't think he gets out of the cave too much!