News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK1 L/11~mark on the pin

Dear Nan Su,

Very nice cross with rare variation on the location of the L/11 mark.

There are 3 variations to the L/11 mark as I know it. The most common is the L/11 in a box underneath the catch. A less seen version is L/11 (no box) beneath the catch and your version. I believe yours is only the 2nd I have seen like this. I have only seen 2 versions of the L/11 (no box) version as well.

Gary B

Dear Micha,

Yes I agree not as much rare as not common/scarce. Having seen the number of crosses you have in your collection it does not surprise me that you would have 2 of these L/11 (no boxes) in your collection! :beer:

Gary B

Edited by Gary B

• 10 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    Guest Darrell

Well,L/11(no box) are not so rare-I've got two of them in my collection...with roud catch and with flat catch.

Micha

Some collectors have two Glider Badges in their collections as well. Doesn't make them common. :rolleyes:

I'd be interested in the chronology of the mm's as well. Anyone have any old publications from the manufacturer that may show something in that regard? Anything else?

Thanks,

Stu

I'd be interested in the chronology of the mm's as well. Anyone have any old publications from the manufacturer that may show something in that regard? Anything else?

Thanks,

Stu

You'd have to get a TON of info for meaningful data, but I have in my collection 2 L/11s, one with box, one without.

The "with" was won/awarded late 1944.

The "without" was won/awarded I believe in mid 1943.

If anybody else has these with strong provenance, by all means share.

best

Hank

Edited by hankmeister

My new collection, L/11~mark on the pin,Please give me your views~

Thanks

Hi,I am Naoki Matsumoto 39years old. My wife,born to Korea Chinese. Your Eiserneskreuz is splendid Classical nice brightness!!I have 65 Eiserneskreuz 1klasse in one of the collections of me.I like Spanienkreus,Deutscheskreuz,Eiserneskreuz..Thank you.

• 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...

I believe boxed L/11s are made later than unboxed ones. Model 57 iron crosses made by Deumer are sometimes marked with boxed L/11, mostly unmarked.

Unboxed L/11 are usually copper electroplated over the iron core, like the very early shinkels made by Deumer. The examples I know are mostly well used and weared ones.

It?s well known that Deumer (like Rudolf Souval) has been making iron crosses after the TR era...and most minty examples are marked with boxed L/11... of course I don?t mind that boxed ones are always postwar!...it?s only something to think about.

Hi Nan su, very nice cross. I have an L/11 with maker mark in box below the clasp, I would ask the question, is yours or any others posted, convex? mine is slightly convex, whats more the box it came in has a convex inner piece where the cross sits. Attached, unfortunately not clear from the photo.

regards

Alex