News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Order of the Red Banner

• Replies 185
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently own three ORB's,

1. Type 2 Variation 2 No. 36411

2. Type 3 Variation 2 No. 272250

3. Type 4 No. 537323

When I work out how to post pic's on here I will show you some pic's.

Order of Victory

I looke forward to see them OoV :cheers:

Here is another one of mine. A Type 3, Serialnumber 136.023, one of the last observed for this subvariation. Its in beautiful condition and research is in progress :beer:

Paul, thats the russian word for "Duplikat"

And it isn't the normal way of marking a duplicate award (see McDaniel and Schmitt, pp. 377-84). Very unusual. And, to my novice eyes, a cause for concern. Am I right in feeling that way?

:unsure:

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Hi Paul,

my bad, i meant the second one, you posted. That is definately a Type 3 with a 1XX thousand serialnumber, but i can?t see the whole number.

You should definately research more of them. The Type 3 is very promising and the 2nd award also in my opinion. Unfortunately the archives don?t get better, so its time now! :cheers:

Lovely stuff, gentlemen. :jumping: I am drooling

:love:

Gerd

Hi Gerd,

What did you mean by this one being a rare version. What makes this one different?

The number is: 162 139

Hi Gerd,

What did you mean by this one being a rare version. What makes this one different?

The number is: 162 139

Hi Paul,

sorry, i may have worded my reply wrong due to my exitement. I saw the serialnumber of the one, your talking about, in the meantime.

Your 2nd award ORB, Nr. 18.324 is special, as there are only a few observed in this serianumber-range for this particular subvariation. The normal serialnumber-range for this variantion is observed between 85XX to 165XX. Take a look on the mondvor-website, its Type 3 Variation 4 Subvariation 3 there(phew!):

www.mondvor.narod.ru/ORBan6.htm

(takes some time to load)

The serialnumber of your 2nd award ORB is in the area of the next variation, which has the two-line mint-mark.

Know, what i mean?

Gerd

Edited by Gerd Becker