News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 years later...

Don, thanks! I have washed it slightly. Water and soap do miracles. One more sign from this series.

Ah! So that is your secret :D I do not clean my badges, I prefer to leave them as I find them.

The Hessen-Nassau is a nice piece as well. Thank you for showing it.

Cheers

Don

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 years later...
    • 3 years later...

Elsass Opfering

Not seen in the thread so far, also not shown in Hüsken's 2010 catalogue. All metal 2,3cm dia.detailed back with makers name - Foerster & Barth - Pforzheim, RZM and M 9/7 marks. Why its not in the catologue, I've no idea,don't think its especially rare, at the time of writing Weitze has three on offer. 

Oper 1.jpg

Oper 2.jpg

A nice piece Alec.  This is shown in the Hüsken catalogue, but it is listed in one of the rear sections.  I'm not at home at the moment so do not have access to my copy, but there is a section after the main badges that has badges of other areas & Elsass has a seperate entry.

Thanks for posting

Don

Thanks for the posts Don, after reading them I did find the piece on page 403. Glad you mentioned the suspect paint work, I was wondering, as on mine and Weitze's badges there not one speck of paint / enamel on any of them, to me and mine hasn't a scratch there never was any paint. A compliment, this thread and others in the enamel & membership database are head and shoulders above anything else on offer, I could find in any of the military forums, when it comes down to in-depth detail. Cheers 

• 3 weeks later...
    • 11 months later...
    • 1 month later...

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid to say that this badge is a fake. 

Apart from the black ring around the front edge, more obvious signs which show it is bad are the small oval coffin shaped plate attaching the pin to the badge which were never used during the Third Reich period & the RZM symbol which is in the circle on the reverse.  The Opferring were not under the juristiction of the RZM so the symbol would never be on one of their badges...

Sorry

Don

• 4 years later...