News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Badge of Honor

Just remined to post a pic of my BoH, I have been asked to do a new display of Soviet Medals this time soviet labour awards (Rebulding after World War II), and I dug out my BoH for the Dispaly heres a couple of pics.

Type 4 Variation 1 its number is 235268. Still looking for my documented version...............

• Replies 82
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MONDVOR,

If you are referring to the two screwbacks posted by Ed Haynes, You are wrong. Ed, doesn't buy or post garbage. Since he bought them they are genuine. You just have to know the caliber of a collector that Ed is.

Best, Doc

OK, OK - I'm wrong. Do not even pay attention at my words...

I do not even have a desire to argue with you :D

Personally, I value your opinion. Yet to just say "they are fakes" -- implicitly just because you say so -- leaves the discussion incomplete. Why do you think they are fakes? Just this bold and unsupported statement means little. This leads into the phoney expert "it is a fake because I say so" self-important attitude that poisons so many online fora.

Now my explanation. All observed BH in 19.XXX serial number range have unique mint mark configuration. Orders 19261 and 19844 have different mintmarks (they even different from each other). They both have fake patina. This patina color is not natural. Rivets positions are different on both orders. Letters CCCP on the obverse are different in size and shape. Did you show them to Mc Daniel?

MONDVOR,

My apologies if I offended you. That was not my intention. I was suprised to hear that Ed's two ORBs were referred to as fakes. I, too, would like to hear your reasoning behind your statement. Are you referring to the rivets and/or screwpost?

Again, to offense intended.

:beer: Doc

MONDVOR,

My apologies if I offended you. That was not my intention. I was suprised to hear that Ed's two ORBs were referred to as fakes. I, too, would like to hear your reasoning behind your statement. Are you referring to the rivets and/or screwpost?

Again, to offense intended.

That's OK, Doc, no problem :beer:

But I was talking about BHs, not RBs. I already explained why I consider them to be fakes and illustrated my opinion with some pictures. First of all this is a mintmark, than this is privets position, fake patina and unusual handwriting in serial number. I beleive that one of them (19261) was made out of regular suspension type s/n around 100.000. They cut out the loop, changed serial number and soldered fake screwpost. BTW sometimes they use real screwposts from Red Stars in 100 - 200.000 range.

MONDVOR,

Thank You!! Seeing your pictures and the text of your post things make sense now.

That's OK, Doc, no problem :beer:

But I was talking about BHs, not RBs. I already explained why I consider them to be fakes and illustrated my opinion with some pictures. First of all this is a mintmark, than this is privets position, fake patina and unusual handwriting in serial number. I beleive that one of them (19261) was made out of regular suspension type s/n around 100.000. They cut out the loop, changed serial number and soldered fake screwpost. BTW sometimes they use real screwposts from Red Stars in 100 - 200.000 range.

FInally at last I have picked up one with a doc off ebay, its a higher number than I would of liked.

Its a Type 4, Var 2. No 1435998.

Heres the sellars pic

Order of Victory

Congrats! :beer: Looks like a beautiful piece for sure! :love::love::jumping::jumping: Sadly none of my had the docs but I love them all the same. But I too hope to have some with docs someday.

Thanks for sharing. :cheers:

Dan

:beer: Glad you like it Dan:beer:

I realy seem to have a soft spot for documented medals, Iam spoused to be saving up for a Order of Personal Courage, and keep seeing niice medals with docs on ebay at cheap prices, I need help :banger:

Iam sure you will find a order with doc soon :D

Order of Victory

Trust me, you're not alone. :P I sold my GPB and have payments coming on a few other pieces I sold as well. With what I made I decided to keep going on my Soviet collection and put my dream car on yet another hold. Hopefully within a year to a year and a half if things work out well I'll be able to get that.

In the meantime, I'm desperately trying to stay focused on the Soviet collection... but other tempting things keep popping up and I have to keep it in my mind that I need to stay focused and keep passing up on them.

It's hard... but worth it in the long run.

And on documented pieces... I too am starting to suffer from that same addiction. Groups... even better. :beer: All things do come to those who wait... but getting a piece here and there... just puts the ultimate prize off a tiny bit. Hang in there, keep the faith and it'll all work out in the long run. :jumping::jumping:

Dan :cheers:

Thank you for the encouragement, I had to sell my dream car this year and still mourn its passing but im not paying ?120.00 on petrol a week only ?50.00 but that is :off topic:

Hope you get your car, can ask what is your dream car?

Order of Victory

A Marlene... here's a beautiful example.

[attachmentid=47021]

[attachmentid=47022]

As I say... perhaps in a year to a year and a half... and I'll be gritting my teeth and pacing the floors the entire time. :P But it will surely be worth it.

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan