News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order for Service to the Motherland

Here's my undocumented Order for Service to the Motherland, 3rd Class. I'll start looking for a 2nd class later on. I can only dream of having a 2nd Class as so few were awarded not to mention the 13 first class that werte awarded.

Doc

• Replies 178
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darrell

Well :

1st Class = R5

2nd Class = R3

3rd Class = R2 one listed at Collect Russia - $250 like Doc's (an earlier version $375)

I can just imagine the $$$ the first class is going for :o:unsure:

Edited by Darrell

Guest Rick Research

Ugly great lumps, aren't they? :cheeky:

BTW, in yet another Ricky Translation Moment, I would, do, and will :rolleyes: translate the term "Rodina" in this awkwardly paragraph-like named decoration as "Homeland" rather than "Motherland." "Birthland" is more literal, but good translations aren't literal, they are smoooooooth in the second language.

All three Potential Versions sound awkward in English, but given the German "Fatherland," Russian "Motherland" just sounds too, too weird. What does that make poor Poland in the middle-ground while "daddy" and "mommy" are squabbling?

Alanirvine, This is the first First class I have ever seen! Not luck... blessed!!! :beer:

Dave,

Are you going to get that little grouping you posted? :cheeky: I would hate to see the price tag on that one... :o

Alan,

Regarding your 1st class. I see the COA verifying the 1st class s/n 23. As of 1991 the PMD states that 13 were awarded. Yours would seem to be not awarded. I am not trying to take away anything from your group. I am so excited to see that somone has all three classes.

Doc