News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order for Service to the Motherland

Guest Alanirvine

Alan,

Regarding your 1st class. I see the COA verifying the 1st class s/n 23. As of 1991 the PMD states that 13 were awarded. Yours would seem to be not awarded. I am not trying to take away anything from your group. I am so excited to see that somone has all three classes.

Doc

Doc, I don't think that it was awarded either. When I purchased them I was told that it was and I purchased all three, including the photo of the "recipient". I had PMD authenicate the 1st and 2nd and went ahead and purchased them anyway because I thought that the 1st was so unique even though it was not awarded.

• Replies 178
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful, I cant belive that some one has all three classes, its ot something I have ever seen before!

Dave, I dont know where you found all those, it took me a while to track down my 3rd Class, it eventualy turned up in Hong Kong - Dont Ask :cheeky:

Also Dave if your offered another second class pass them my way!

My Order for service to Motherland 3rd Class is No. 95148, I dont know weather its a un-issued piece or not :jumping:

Edited by order_of_victory

:beer: Alan. It's still the first time I've seen a 1st and 2nd class in a collection. Until now I could only imagine all 3 classes. You have a great collection there. I'll echo Ordewr of Victory regarding the 2nd class!! :jumping::jumping::jumping:

Doc

Guest Rick Research

I don't know what has happened with these. 10 years ago, 3rd Classes were seemingly common-- now it's a chore to find even a loose one.

My one and only is not only the FIRST type mirror reverse variant, but the most thoroughly and completly documented one I am aware of, outside the old State Frontiers:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1042

(Dave actually turned that group DOWN Back In The When! :speechless1::rolleyes::ninja::lol: )

Moreover, see Doug's researched COMBAT, yes Afghan War COMBAT OSH3, also in the documented awrds and groups sub-forum:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2940

Major General of Signals Yu. G. Degtyarev, taken presumably in retirement in 1983, and with a variety of non-regulation errors in wearing his awards:

[attachmentid=36798]

On an artillery Lieuetnant General's 1982 dated tunic:

[attachmentid=36800]

I don't normally collect awards this recent, so personally have no idea how "common" OSH3s were as routine awards. We need to get as many documented examples as possible researched to find out just WHY and for what an "average" one WAS awarded.

Guest Alanirvine

[attachmentid=37093]

The photo that accompanied my 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Well anyway, I enjoyed the awards.

Alanirvine

• 2 months later...

[attachmentid=46901]

Nr. 98.116

I'm sure I'll never be lucky enough to have a 1st or 2nd... unless I win big in the lotto or something. But I feel very fortunate in having this 3rd as I was beginning to think I'd never manage one of those either.

Again thank you Gerd for making it all possible. :beer: Oh, and these pics are his used with his permission as I could have never done better with my poor little overworked digital camera. And I wanted to show it in all it's glory. :jumping::jumping::love::love:

Dan :cheers:

Edited by Hauptman

Very nice order Hauptman, it makes long to get mine back :beer:

Are you going to considor resarching it?

Order of Victory

Actually Gerd said he tried three times... kept coming back as non-researcheable but it is an issued piece. So for now I'll just pretend it was to some high up KGB General or a Naval Admiral or some such. :P

Hopefully one day I'll be able to find out more but for now I just love it and am so thankful to have been able to get it.

:love::love::jumping::jumping:

Dan :cheers:

Hi Dan, i am glad, you like it :beer: And i know, you?ll take good care of it ;)

Hi Gerd,

Glad you popped on. :D Hope all is going well on your end of things. Again, many many many many thanks :jumping::jumping: for making this happen. I just can't say enough about this piece! Beautiful!

You're ever in my neck of the woods you'll be getting the royal treatment I can assure you. :beer:

Well, off to bed for now. :sleep: Got to get up for an estate auction in the morning. Doubt there will be any militaria but one never knows.

Have a great one! :cheers:

Dan

Dan,

:jumping: That's a very nice "crab". :jumping: I have one in my collection, 3rd Class of course. I am going to attempt to research it. I'm not sure if it's even possible. Anyway, Congratulations on your Order of Service to the Motherland!! :cheers:

:beer: Doc

Go to bed, in England i am at work, oh the joys of time differences :angry::ninja:

Cool a top secret Order for Service to the Motherland :jumping::jumping:

Order of Victory

See... it's easy to get into it isn't it... like George Carlin says... ya gotta to to the airport... "Play Spy at the airport!" :cheeky::lol: So until proven otherwise this baby is gonna be one that was awarded to some high up muckity muck super secret member of the Soviet heirarchy. Gotta have a little spice in life! :beer:

Thanks for sharing the fantasy! :cheers:

Dan

Dan,

:jumping: That's a very nice "crab". :jumping: I have one in my collection, 3rd Class of course. I am going to attempt to research it. I'm not sure if it's even possible. Anyway, Congratulations on your Order of Service to the Motherland!! :cheers:

:beer: Doc

Hi Doc,

Here's hoping your's can be researched and does turn out to be a super hero type dude... or dudette! :cheeky::lol:

Have a great one!!!! :cheers:

Dan