News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order for Service to the Motherland

Dolf,

It also says that it can be awarded...For Bravery and self-sacrifice displayed in executing military duties.l

Overall, It is awarded for High levels of service, merit and bravery.

:beer: Doc

Mike,

Yes, I know, but what I was trying to find out was if it was only awarded for military deeds in combat in a war context. Mainly because I can't remember if the USSR was (directly!) involved in any conflict in the 70's. Of course there were Soviet military advisors in a few different places, including my home country Angola in the mid 70's, but not at a war like in Afhanistan (if my memory isn't playing me tricks :unsure: ).

So for being awarded the OSM it was not mandatory to have been involved in a war, right?

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

• Replies 178
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick,

Were you referring to what possibly might be a 1985 issue s/n 70572

:beer: Doc

Dolf, both are definately awarded pieces. Your number is from around 1975 and the one from Doc is from about 1985. If one of them were mine, i would try to get them researched :beer:

Gerd

Guest Rick Research

Research on the two above linked has been done. So we know that these WERE, in fact--if contrary to the statutes!!!! :speechless1: -- awarded for combat as well as general Command Breathing.

Known documented serial numbers in the main serial number listing =

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtop...ost&p=75419

Alas we do not have much of a data base on verified Orders Book'ed "crabs," and RESEARCHED ones...

welllllll...

I think I'd be willing to risk seeing what turns up in research on any 1980-88 ones. :unsure::rolleyes:

:Cat-Scratch: Facinating insight to the OSH, I cant wait to find weather there is somthing about mine in the archives :jumping:

they may have simply had citations that never made it to the Archives

Does that mean that USSR collapesed before the info was filled :unsure:

Order of Victory

Edited by order_of_victory

As far as the blocks of awards being issued, I have a few that I'm waiting on research for that may have been unissued, interspersed with some that were issued...

70569 - pending

70574 - pending

70580 - pending

74520 - 9.9.86

86497 - 22.2.89

86711 - pending

95150 - pending

98191 - pending

Or, they may have simply had citations that never made it to the Archives... Only time will tell!

Dave

Interestingly 86497 found its way into my collection some months back.