News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Juncker CCC Close Combat

Here is the back, with maker marks C.F. Juncker. (well known error on original items). Again, I think it's good but I have only been collecting for 4 years, so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks, Pat

I have my doubts about this one also. Again, better pics are required showing details, markings etc...

Don

I am sorry Pat, I agree with Don. I have never seen that construction techinque used on ANY original.

I have my doubts about this one also. Again, better pics are required showing details, markings etc...

Don

I am sorry Pat, I agree with Don. I have never seen that construction techinque used on ANY original.

I agree?. Better photos are needed.

As far as judging the badge on ?construction techniques??? We have the hinge recess, solder covering up the catch area and the pin has been pushed through to the obverse, which would suggest, if this badge is original, a field repair has been made after the loss of the reverse setup, not that this badge was originally made this way?. I?ve come across far worse field repairs. As to the badge, the crimping for the backing plate looks good, the overall obverse detail is sharp, but the only way to be sure that it?s not a casting is to have those larger pictures.

Hi people, thanks for your ideas. here is a larger picture with lower jpg quality (I'm having trouble fitting a decent pic in 60K of space). Anybody know a good pic resoloution and size? Anyways, the maker's mark and most details do match the originals, I will try to get another pic of the back as well (I'm off to work soon) and it should be up in a day or two. Here is a larger pic of the front,

Thanks,

Pat

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again,

I have some new, high quality scans for this CCC in Silver. It looks better detailed than my PAB and GAB's that were doubtful. Any opinions are appreciated.

Pat

the back with Juncker mm. The blob on the front is from when these replacement pins were soddered on afterwards. Perhaps early post-war souvenir made from leftover original plates and just had cheap pins added. Any opinion on this is welcome.

Pat