News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Soviet Flags

• 2 weeks later...
    • Replies 102
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This young Lenin was also on the Oktyabr small pins. There were many variations of them with slight differences in color or Lenin's depiction. But the two main types were the one with a photo of young Lenin and the other with the "3D" young Lenin (either in golden or silver color)

Sorry for the previous post which is a bit far from Soviet Flags, but I thought it could be good to share this.

Here, back to the topic.. here are some of my flags (I wish!!!). They are from the Soviet Strategic Rocket Forces Museum somewhere in the middle of nowhere in Ukraine in the Vinnitsya oblast on our way to Yalta summer vacations!

The guide was very knowledgeable, but it seems he didn't know Soviet Union had ceased to exist and that Cold War was over. He was an ex-engineer who had worked all his life in the Rocket Forces and he was now a poor guide in a rarely visited museum.

Edited by matteti

I have an opportunity to buy a Soviet naval flag that is said to be made of dog hair because wool would not stand up to salt water conditions. The flag is associated with the submarine service. I do not know the size or anything more about it at this time. He will send a photo when possible. Any comments about a "dog hair" flag??

Good afternoon,

I wish to ask you to show other party of your flags. It is especially interesting 595 shelfs

Hello Sergey,

Unfortunately, I don't have photo of the other side of the flag. The flag is from a Ukraine museum of Strategic Rocket Forces.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Wanted to pass on this info. A while ago I'd posted a nice copy of the Victory flag (Post #64 within this thread) and several members expressed an interest. At the time the seller only had the one for sale but then decided to have another run produced. Another of our members purchased one from him and now that I've heard from the seller (Michael Bessler) that the run has been completed and the flags are once again available I thought I'd pass this along in case anyone is interested in obtaining one of these. Again all I can say is that I'm very pleased with mine. It's excellent quality and a great representative piece which would make an excellent backdrop to any Soviet display.

Here is his Ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=300204746817

But he said if any of our members would like one you can contact him via email at:

Michael Bessler <MBESSLER@woh.rr.com>

And he can simply sell it off of Ebay. The price is fixed at $40 plus shipping which of course may vary depending on your location. Again this is an excellent deal as these are not cheap to produce. And again I can state from my experience that he's a pleasure to deal with, he ships promptly and safely and the flag is well worth getting.

Hope this helps! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Dear Dan,

many thanks for your information :cheers: .

That's really a fantastic copy at a really reasonable price :D .

I just wrote an e-mail to Michael Bessler for the total costs of shipment & insurance to Europe.

Best regards :beer:

Christian

BTW: I also have a matching Kutuzov 2cl to that flag :love: .

Edited by Christian Zulus

Dear Dan,

many thanks for your information :cheers: .

That's really a fantastic copy at a really reasonable price :D .

I just wrote an e-mail to Michael Bessler for the total costs of shipment & insurance to Europe.

Christian

BTW: I also have a matching Kutuzov 2cl to that flag :love: .

Hi Christian,

So happy you like and want it and hope it all works out. Mike's a pleasure to work with and delivers the goods with no worries. It's a great piece and one of these days when I get our basement redone and I have a proper display area all my flags will be going up including that one to make what I hope will be a nice backdrop to my Soviet and Warsaw Pact collections. :jumping:

And hey... as far as your Kutuzov... it reminds me of the guy who bought a Luftwaffe dagger and then sent a pic to the seller of his original German fighter plane... if you've got the one you've simply got to have the other! :lol:

Let me know when your's arrives and what you think of it in person. :beer:

Dear Dan,

my "Victory Flag" is on the way to good old Vienna :jumping: .

I already bought in 1995 in Hungary, at the Ukraininan border, a spear head in solid brass with hammer & sickle. When the flag arrives, I will go to that special shop in our city center in Vienna and order the fitting flag-pole for the "Victory Flag" & spear head. I am still missing that special strap for attaching my Kutuzov 2cl http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26254 , but I guess, that such straps are hardly to find ... Anyhow, it will be a fine celebration of the 9th of may 2008 :love: .

Many thanks again for your valid information :cheers: .

Christian

Hi Christian,

So happy you like and want it and hope it all works out. Mike's a pleasure to work with and delivers the goods with no worries. It's a great piece and one of these days when I get our basement redone and I have a proper display area all my flags will be going up including that one to make what I hope will be a nice backdrop to my Soviet and Warsaw Pact collections. :jumping:

And hey... as far as your Kutuzov... it reminds me of the guy who bought a Luftwaffe dagger and then sent a pic to the seller of his original German fighter plane... if you've got the one you've simply got to have the other! :lol:

Let me know when your's arrives and what you think of it in person. :beer:

Gentlemen,

yesterday I got my "Victory Flag" :jumping: .

The quality is really absolute outstanding :love: .

A "must" for all Soviet military collectors :D .

Many thanks to Dan & Mike :cheers: .

Christian

Dear Dan,

my "Victory Flag" is on the way to good old Vienna.

I already bought in 1995 in Hungary, at the Ukraininan border, a spear head in solid brass with hammer & sickle. When the flag arrives, I will go to that special shop in our city center in Vienna and order the fitting flag-pole for the "Victory Flag" & spear head. I am still missing that special strap for attaching my Kutuzov 2cl http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26254 , but I guess, that such straps are hardly to find ... Anyhow, it will be a fine celebration of the 9th of may 2008.

Many thanks again for your valid information.

Christian

I have an opportunity to buy a Soviet naval flag that is said to be made of dog hair because wool would not stand up to salt water conditions. The flag is associated with the submarine service. I do not know the size or anything more about it at this time. He will send a photo when possible. Any comments about a "dog hair" flag??

Sorry for the late response, but I think they're pulling your leg.

I have owned numerous Soviet navy flags dating from the Russian Civil War (to include converted Tsarist flags) and nearly all of them are either made of wool or cotton. I have never seen a flag made out of dog hair.

Hope that helps.

Dave

• 1 year later...
    • 4 months later...

By the way... would deeply appreciate if anyone could translate. Happy to do better pics but won't have a chance till later this week. Let me know if needed. I know there's one small line in the upper left on the one side that I'll probably have to do a closer shot of.

Thanks!!!!beer.gif

Dancheers.gif