Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Guest Darrell

Partisan Medals - 1st and 2nd Class

PARTICIPANT OF THE GPW ID - Issued 12 November 1981 to Prakofiy Ivanovich Hubich. The owner of this certificate is eligible to the privileges provided under Soviet legislation for particpiants of the GPW. No expiry date. Valid on the whole territory of Soviet Union. Measures 196 x 68 mm.

FORMER BELARUS PARTISAN ID - Issued 23 June 1970 by the Regional Soviet of the workers' deputies, Berezinsky Region, Minsk Oblast, Belarus to Prakofiy Ivanovich Hubich. Was a private in the Partisan Detachment No. 340 from 15 July 1943 to 6 July 1944, in Mogylev oblast, Belarus. Measures 148 x 100 mm.

Finally, a small Belarus partisan badge that was apparently given to those "former-partisans" in the 1980s when issued the previous booklets and when they were recognized officially as partisans and participants of the GPW for privileges purposes... But the badge doesn't belong to any of those booklet (in the sense of a documented badge), it's just that they were usually giving badge as well as a booklet to those people.

Edited by matteti

I have never seen a set like that before. Thank you for sharing it.

Partisan Medal 1st Class

Gentlemen,

that's my Partisan Medal 1st Class, which I bought in spring 1994 for EUR 55,- in Vienna:

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Hello gentlemen,

I have this medal in my collection, but I fear that it is a fake Ukrainian. Opinions?  

a.jpg

b.jpg

IM.JPG

Edited by Marse

On 19/11/2017 at 09:35, rocketscientist said:

Marse, I would like to see opinions on your Partisan as well. I hope that someone will revive this thread one day... ;)

... :speechless:

Fantastic thread on a very interesting and rare subject.

May I revive and request some expertise? Looking for some qualified competence and advice on any telltale marks or lookouts to distinguish a fake from a true, era example?

Any longtime Soviet or Russian authorities out there to give us additional and blanket perspective?

Thanks,

M.