BURGERHAUS

Deutsche Stenografenschaft

59 posts in this topic

Joe  You may well be correct.  With much squinting I think I see a G and an l and an a.  But it appears that there are umlauts above the letters?  Is that what you see?  Mike, nice to hear from you!

Robert, looks like a double stamping to me. Nice day badges you posted. :cool:

OK, if this is going to be Steno-Sunday, then I will post the few pieces that I have.  The photograph of the grouping is poor and doesn't show the difference between gold and silver, but you get the idea.  Thanks to you two for keeping the posts alive.  Mike

DSCN2357.JPG

DSCN2359.JPG

DSCN2362.JPG

Mike, your day badge makes a great center piece.

--dj--Joe

ID: 55   Posted (edited)

Thanks --dj--Joe.....maybe the shorthand on the tinnie is the date and place....or maybe not!  I do see 1935......

Edited by Mijke

On 13/03/2016 at 15:30, --dj--Joe said:

Robert, just a thought/guess. Glaser U Sohn Dresden. ?

--dj--Joe

Yes it will be Glaser u Sohn Dresden, as that is the only maker that I've seen on these honour pieces.

D

• And I never thought of it being double stamped.  I need to put my stenos together and take a group shot.  I would bet too that there are very few tinnies left with the rosette still attached.  Well done Mike.

From a legacy of documents from a female RAD member 1939-1945, a 1938 type of Leistungsbescheinigung (Certificate of proficiency) as issued by the DAF/Deutsche Stenografenschaft.

This document was issued to a BDM girl before entering the RADwJ. She was not  member of the Deutsche Stenografenschaft, but obviously the organisation conducted trainingship for elder girls. From the Arbeitsbuch of the girl and a Letter of Conduct, it becomes evident that after her obligatory RADwJ service, she fulfilled her half a year's War Service as a steno-typist with the Army Ammunition Dump in Münster.

Dok-RADwJ - 017 (3).jpg