News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 65
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, if this is going to be Steno-Sunday, then I will post the few pieces that I have.  The photograph of the grouping is poor and doesn't show the difference between gold and silver, but you get the idea.  Thanks to you two for keeping the posts alive.  Mike

DSCN2357.JPG

DSCN2359.JPG

DSCN2362.JPG

On 13/03/2016 at 15:30, --dj--Joe said:

Robert, just a thought/guess. Glaser U Sohn Dresden. ?

--dj--Joe

Yes it will be Glaser u Sohn Dresden, as that is the only maker that I've seen on these honour pieces.

D

• And I never thought of it being double stamped.  I need to put my stenos together and take a group shot.  I would bet too that there are very few tinnies left with the rosette still attached.  Well done Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

From a legacy of documents from a female RAD member 1939-1945, a 1938 type of Leistungsbescheinigung (Certificate of proficiency) as issued by the DAF/Deutsche Stenografenschaft.

This document was issued to a BDM girl before entering the RADwJ. She was not  member of the Deutsche Stenografenschaft, but obviously the organisation conducted trainingship for elder girls. From the Arbeitsbuch of the girl and a Letter of Conduct, it becomes evident that after her obligatory RADwJ service, she fulfilled her half a year's War Service as a steno-typist with the Army Ammunition Dump in Münster.

Dok-RADwJ - 017 (3).jpg

• 7 years later...

Indeed Joe.  Just been through & deleted the double images on the first page.

I didn't think that I had anything else to add but remmebered that I have two certificates, one for the silver honor pin & one for the gold....

File0842.jpg

File0843.jpg

I am not up to speed on the Stenografenschaft badges. If I read correctly there is a first and second pattern.

Would the dated badges be the first honor pattern and the rectangle shape the second honor pattern?

--dj--Joe

Edited by --dj--Joe

Hi Joe,

The first and second pattern refers to the honour pins & are how Hüsken describes them in his catalogues, which one actually came first, I'm not sure.  The first pattern in silver & gold just had a few leaves at the bottom of the badge whereas the second pattern, which only seems to be found in gold, is the rectangular version with the gold wreath all around it.  See the picture below from Hüsken's catalogue showing these three.

The dated badges were Leistungsabzeichen & referred to as Deutsche Meister.  They were awarded following a contest.

Does this make sense?

Don

Image1.jpg

Thank you Don.

Are Stenografenschaft badges somewhat rare? I do not recall ever seeing examples at any of the shows I (once upon a time), attended. Could just boil down to I do not recall  them because I would not have known what they were. 🙃

--dj--joe

Edited by --dj--Joe

No, I wouldn't say that the standard members pins are rare, they turn up fairly regularly. The honour pins you could say are scarce to rare.  The leistungs abzeichen (as shown by Robert in post #1 on this thread) are possbily rare, especially the silver & gold grade (I've also seen a larger version of these which are very rare).  The Deutsche Meisters are ultra rare, especially the silver ones of which I only know of one example.....

Don