News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 108
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a rare Order of the Red Star, discovered by Paul McDaniel. It's a type 2 Medium Mondvor mint mark slightly curved s/n 8741. Observed serial number in the 8700 range. Used with permission.

Doc

Edited by Riley1965

• 1 month later...

Here are mine.

Not as spectacular as some others I've seen posted here, but still nice (and with that beautifil and unique Soviet RED enamel...) :P

Using the PMD Guide as a reference this one is a T2 Early Monetny Dvor reverse, with screwpost base, S/N 216669 (hopefully the 666 on it isn't an evil # :cheeky: )

The last digit, the 9, looks a bit funny, what do you gentlemen think? Is it a common 9, or was it engraved by the mint worker in one of those days?!...

Obverse.

Dolf

Two more that are part of a Group that I had for some time.

According to the S/Ns both should be of the more common variation of T2, Monetny Dvor reverse, semi to full-flared edges, althought I'm not sure about that as they look slightely different from the last one posted above.

S/N 1149464, obverse. This one has a really beautiful dark red enamel!

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

Here are mine.

Not as spectacular as some others I've seen posted here, but still nice (and with that beautifil and unique Soviet RED enamel...) :P

Using the PMD Guide as a reference this one is a T2 Early Monetny Dvor reverse, with screwpost base, S/N 216669 (hopefully the 666 on it isn't an evil # :cheeky: )

The last digit, the 9, looks a bit funny, what do you gentlemen think? Is it a common 9, or was it engraved by the mint worker in one of those days?!...

Obverse.

Dolf

Dolf,

i have one about 1250 numbers higher than yours:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1541

The serialnumber on yours is okay IMO. But you are right, 666 is evil!!!! Send it to me and i will do an exorcism with it :cheeky:

Nice Red Stars :cheers: Love them too!

Gerd