News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hey guys,

Just got this one in the mail, Oldenburg FA Cross 1st Class. It is magnetic, with a slight vault to it, and I think it has the correct dished out reverse and pin and catch, for a wartime awarded cross? Would appreciate your guys opinion on this one, thanks!

Kind Regards,

Steve

[attachmentid=37065]

• Replies 50
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks dond, yours is a beauty, thanks for showing it! I really like these FA crosses for some reason, something about 'em, a heavy award of iron! If anyone else has some to share, 1 or 2 class, would love to see them! Or a "Vor Dem Fiende" bar! :beer:

Kind Regards,

Steve

Thanks dond, yours is a beauty, thanks for showing it! I really like these FA crosses for some reason, something about 'em, a heavy award of iron! If anyone else has some to share, 1 or 2 class, would love to see them! Or a "Vor Dem Fiende" bar! :beer:

Kind Regards,

Steve

Ask and it shall be given. On a strange but authentic ribbon.

Hi Steve,

My little collection;

The top two are imo wartime - one vaulted with strongly dished back, the other only vaulted - both are steel.

Bottom left is a zinc screwback (same obverse design as the vaulted wartime example) and the bottom right example is tombak/bronze - probably 20s/30s with the classic folded over hinge. Pity about the replaced pin on the Prinzen!!

Regards

Mike

Thanks Mike!

That's an FA Cross collection! :beer: Thanks for sharing it man! That's the first Prinzen FA cross I have seen, a truly impressive collection of FA crosses!

Thanks for sharing all your FA crosses guys, love seeing them, and keep them coming please!

Kind Regards,

Steve

Edited by stevo4361

Hi everybody,

Here's a medal bar with the FAK2 (sounds bad, I know...) and clasp "vor dem Feinde". I must say that the condition of this bar is mint!

Medals' description:

? Preussen, Eisernes Kreuz 1914, 2. Klasse (OEK 1909)

? Oldenburg, Friedrich August Kreuz 2. Klasse mit Spange ?vor dem Feind? (OEK 1563)

? III. Reich, Frontk?mpferehrenkreuz (OEK 3803/1)

? Oldenburg, Haus- und Verdienstorden von Herzog Peter Friedrich Ludwig, Ritterkreuz 2. Klasse (OEK 1523)

? III. Reich, WH-Dienstauszeichnung f?r 25 Jahre, Kreuz (OEK 3852)

? III. Reich, WH-Dienstauszeichnung f?r 12 Jahre, Medaille (OEK 3854)

? Italien, Erinnerungsmedaille des Erdbebens in Messina 1908

Wearer's description:

Biographical data of Kapit?ns zur See (E), Gerhard Meyer:

Born on 03.01.1889, entered Navy on 01.04.1908. As Seekadett, he was onboard SMS Victoria Louise in the Messina relief campaign. Leutnant 27.09.1911 J5i, Oberleutnant 19.09.1914, Kapit?n-Leutnant 18.8.1918 and was an officer on the SMS Pillau in WW1. He commanded the "Friedrich August Batterie" of XII. Matrosen-Artillerie Abteilung until November 1918 and then as a Watch and the Gunnery Officer on S.M.S. "Pillau" for the rest of the war.He advanced to Korvettenkapit?n 01.04.1927 in the Reichsmarine, Fregattenkapit?n 01.10.1932. His final grade was charakterisiert Kapit?n zur See (E) 30.9.34, in which he was "active" in 1937 on the staff of the Reichs War Ministry, Naval High Command, Abteilung f?r Artillerieentwicklung und Konstruktion ("M Wa I") of the Marinewaffenamt. The pre-war 1939 M.O.V. Directory shows him as "zD" but still there, with his office phone number. He went z.D. in 1940. In 1960 he was living with his wife Marie Luise (born 8.6.1XXX) at Breitestrasse 13, Berlin-Steglitz, and was a sales representative of the "CDH" bedding company of Bochum, specializing in quilts, mattresses and so on. By 1963 he had re-retired from that job, and was living at 15 Hortenstrasse 20B, Berlin 15. Kapit?n zur See au?er Dienst Gerhard Meyer died 17 August 1980.

Another bar with a FAK2. Oberst N?sslein got both, 1. and 2. Klasse!

8-teilige Ordensspange des Obersten Joseph N?sslein (Stand Januar 1939: Oberst (E),

Kdr des Wehrbezirkskommando IV, M?nchen)

? Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse 1914 (OEK 1909)

? Bayern, Milit?rverdienstorden 4. Klasse mit Krone und Schwertern (OEK 412), leeres Band

? Oldenburg, Friedrich-August-Kreuz 2. Klasse (OEK 1563)

? Ehrenkreuz f?r Frontk?mpfer (OEK 3803/1)

? Bayern, bronzene Luitpold-Medaille (OEK 461)

? DA 1. Klasse f?r 25 Dienstjahre (OEK 3852)

? DA 3. Klasse f?r 12 Dienstjahre (OEK 3854)

? Erinnerungsmedaille an den 13. M?rz 1938, Anschluss ?sterreich (OEK 3516)

From the Kriegsarchiv in M?nchen (Reichswehr's Rangliste)

Oberst Joseph N??lein (1884 - ?)

? Leutnant, 08.03.1907

? Oberleutnant, 18.08.1914

? Rittmeister (Kriegsbef?rderung), 17.08.1916 / 27.01.1915 Reichsheer Bef?rderungsdatum

? Oberst, 1939 Leiter des Wehrbezirkskommando IV, M?nchen

Auszeichnungen :

Friedrich-August Kreuz 2. Klasse, 12.05.1917

Friedrich-August Kreuz 1. Klasse, 10.11.1917

MVO4X mit Krone, 09.05.1918

Einheiten / Stellungen :

? Bayrisches Train-Bataillon Nr. 1

? Bayrisches Telegrafsbataillon Nr. 1 (bespannt), 1913

? Reichsheer Transport (Fahrabteilung) Bataillon 7, 1921-1928 ?

? Leiter Wehrbezirkskommando IV, M?nchen 1939

Thanks Mike!

That's an FA Cross collection! :beer: Thanks for sharing it man! That's the first Prinzen FA cross I have seen, a truly impressive collection of FA crosses!

Thanks for sharing all your FA crosses guys, love seeing them, and keep them coming please!

Kind Regards,

Steve

Hello Steve,

Mine is a bit rusty. Was wondering how to preserve it?

best regards,

Jef