News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Officers Cap Eagle, Wreath and Cockade

Hello again,

Still going through my stuff here, with a question about this Heer officer's cap eagle and wreath (made of aluminum) and cockade (also aluminum I believe). I picked these up in an insignia lot with a few matching cap eagle/cockade sets. I was wondering if this is a matching set, and when it was made and generally any info on these items. Any piece of advice is helpful as I am still pretty green at this,

Thanks again,

Pat

It would appear I have mixed up the cockades of this set and my navy cap eagle set. Here is the cockade from the Kriegsmarine set, I think it is a better match as the one posted earlier actually matches the navy eagle as part of a one-piece insignia that was broken in two.

Thanks.

Pat :unsure:

I hope this wasn't too confusing, but I think I got it straightened out. Can anybody else give me an opinion on the originality and the likelihood of them being a matching set (after I sorted it out, check the earlier posts). Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Pat

One more question, if anyone would be so kind as to help me out on this one. Is this cap eagle and cockade the standard Officer's cap eagle for most of the Wehrmacht? I would like to know the approx. time frame that it would be from and what specific (or semi-specific) branch of the army it is from. Also, any opinions on originality of the items is very welcome!

Thanks gents,

Pat :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

To clear things up, here is the correct Heer Eagle, Wreath and Cocade set. The cocade on this one is obviously a one piece and same with the wreath. The Cap eagle is made of the same material as the wreath (light, I think aluminum). Any opinions on the items with these better pics would be great.

Cheers :beer:

Pat

and the reverse of the correct set of Heer cap insignia, with similar patina on the eagle and wreath. i am fairly certain they are original but any opinions on this and if it is the correct set are welcomed as always.

Thanks again,

Pat

Oops, my mistake, it appears the cocade has a breakage point as well. Maybe only the wreath and eagle go together as I can't see a definite point of breakage on the wreath, but maybe it's been filed and smoothed. I am not really sure, hence the request for assistance :blush:

Thanks again,

Pat