News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I've always been fascinated with issue packets, boxes, cases and such. Some of the rarest Imperial items are the little paper packets medals arrived at the front in. I would venture that 99% of these were instantly tossed!

Here's one from Baden for the General Bravery decoration on the Farl-Friedrich Ribbon for Bravery.

The Hungarian one is infinitely harder to find... a plain brown packet, no title, no marks, but with the "Legitimization" paper and a maker note inside!

Edited by stogieman

Prussian Iron Cross, Second Class. These blue packets can be found with a multitude of ink-stamped (usually purple) maker marks. Including "K", "W", "S&W", etc.

Edited by stogieman

Saxon Friedrich August Medal in Bronze. Silver came this way as well. Both of these could also be "Private Purchased" from Scharffenberg (Dresden) in at least 2 case styles.

Edited by stogieman

Hi guys, I've made the move as well thanks to Mr Lundstrom! Here's one of mine for the thread, bought a while back from the mighty Stogieman!

cheers Jason

Some great packets there Rick .... I blame you for getting me started on the cased and packeted theme wub.gif

Here's one from me, sorry about the quality of the pic

[attachmentid=2154]

Edited by Mike Huxley

Hi Jason, I never knew for sure, but it came in together and I hate breaking things up, even packets. I suspect you are probably right. The mark is for the Prussian State Mint... but I do not know if they made WB's

• 2 years later...

Unfortunately I cannot post a picture ,but I have a Turkish war medal (eiserner halbmond) packet. Red stiff paper packet with gold coloured crescent and star logo on the front,triangular opening flap on reverse, approx 75mmx75mm. Ferg1.

Hi everyone,

I have just one Baden Silberne Verdienstmedaillen packet (top right corner, but in good shape :cheers:):

9605377_ri6E.jpg

And FAM with box:

9453325_Cxb2.jpg

After 8 months collecting, I dont have many packets but I try to do my best in the future :catjava:

Regards,

Noor :cheers:

Edited by Noor