News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

More Tinnies from the Collection

Hi folks,

I just thought I would post a few of my other tinnies for opinions on originality,makers,rarity etc. I have quite a few for discussion so I will continue to update this topic as I get them scanned in. Please leave your advice on these as I really value the info. All info is good, even some basic stuff I might not know as I am fairly new to this. First up on the tinnie list, a Tag der Wehermacht 1939 Pirmasens pin. Any thoughts on it?

Thanks,

Pat

• Replies 67
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a Kranz-Auszeichnung tinnie with a quaint little town on it. I think it is a shooting competition tinnie, but I could be wrong. The back is pebbled. Any ideas on if this one is good and any history of it?

Thanks,

Pat

Next up, a Reichsparteitag 1939 tinnie in excellent shape, and made of good quality for a tinnie. I think it is good but all opinions are very helpful. It is made by K. Werster RZM M9-40 mm. Any thoughts on it?

Pat

Very interesting Tinnie you have there. The Kranz I mean. I admire the detail of the town scene. And the clock on the tower reads 9:15. I also find the pin attachment configuration very unique and I don't recognize the maker either. I would guess a very small firm and an uncommon tinnie. That's a nice one. Robert

Pat,

Where are you buying your items? Because I'd find somewhere new.

I'm rather concerned about these, I'm not a tinnie collector as such but the pin configuration on these worries me. I've never seen it on a tinnie before & you have it on all of them & they are by different makers. I also don't like the reverse of the first one as it looks pitted.

James Noble & Ralf are big tinnie guys, perhaps if they are passing through they would be kind enough to comment.

Cheers

Don

The Reichsparteitag 1937 and 1939 and Tag der Wehrmacht 1939 tinnies I have posted are bigger than the other "regular" ones I have that I will post soon. The Kranz tinnie is different than the other two (smaller), and the Tag der wehrmacht is a bit different as well. The two RPT badges seem to be more of a badge than a tinnie, and I believe they are a different model of the tinnies. I also have some of the low-quality metal tinnies of these events that I will post to compare, and these tinnies I have already posted are far to large to be castings of originals. The only one that looks like it might be cast is the Tag der Wehrmacht as it is pitted on the back and lacks some detail. I have 90% confidence in the Kranz tinnie and pretty good confidence in the RPT badges as well. Any other eyes with more info to add? All thoughts are very helpful.

Thanks,

Pat

Here is one of my Tag Der Arbeit 1935 Tinnies, in the smaller, standard size.

and the reverse, maker EV GL. Any ideas on this maker? About the earlier mentioned Reichsparteitag 1937 and 1939 tinnies, I would like to hear some more opinions because I thought there were larger, more expensive event badges that could be purchased as well. I could be wrong, but if anyone has info on this that would be helpful. I purchase my items from different suppliers, although many of my earlier bought purchases were from only a couple sources. The one old source has sold me all legit stuff, and the other has sold me many fakes, as well as many originals. Therefore I don't think we should be so hasty to call the works bad, but get as much info on the unsure items as we can. Any of your expertise is extremely appreciated, and I am trying to find out the answers as accurately as possible, so thank you for your help so far.

Pat

P.S.

I haven't been buying anything in the last year from the shady character :catjava: that sold me the fake badges, and some other items that have been good (Russian stuff, some TR awards), just to be safe. I would still like to examine each item objectively, and all help is greatly welcome.

Pat

The first one you have shown is in FoxHole Volume 3 Item 1100. The details onthe one in the book are a lot more defined and crisp. Combine that with the strange pin attachment set-up would logically lead me to conclude that it is a copy. It is hard for me to conceptualize someone going through such an effort to re-create an item that is worth so little monetarily. Now I am having doubts about the one I previously liked that you have shown seeing that it had the same pin attachment configuration. :shame:

Here is another thought,

If you notice the back of the 1939 and 1937 Reichsparteitag tinnies there are what appears to be a specific area for the correct pin set-up, but the cheap replacement pins are put on instead. These items do do not have casting lines (besides the 1939 tag der wehrmacht, which I suspected also was a copy, as it is similar in form to my fake badges with casting lines etc.) and if it was a cast copy, how would they get the reverse with the correct "pin set-up area" already in the tinnie? They would have had to somehow remove the whole original pin set-up without damaging it, I assume. The pin on the Reichspareteitag 1937 tinnie appears to be a replacement pin. Could these not be just cheaper made tinnies or excess tinnies that had pins added on later?

And with the Sternegg made Kranz tinnie, it is definitely not cast and it might have the pin added on after it was damaged as well. If it is rare, then how would I end up with a copy of the original? Like Burgerhaus said, I too find it strange that someone would copy these 20, 30 or 40 years ago, which is at least what these would have to be to be fakes, as they are not new or in very good shape. For the record as well, the last two Tag Der Arbeit 1935 tinnies and the other ones I will post here in the next couple days were bought from a different source than the first 4 tinnies (the first 4 from the dealer that has sold me about a 60-40 fakes-originals ratio and I will not buy from again). The knowledge I have received in the last couple weeks in terms of seeing the true standards of originals has been great, and I hope to receive and give more advice. I would like to hear more ideas on my deductions in this post (I feel the two RPT's may be original, the Tag der wehrmacht is a fake, and the Sternegg maker is good),as it will be very helpful. These are just thoughts I have on these items, and any more help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again Scowen and Burgerhaus for your help so far,

Pat

Thanks for the advice War Lord,

You're only talking about the first four I assume, as the 1935 Tag der Arbeit tinnies are 100% original in my view as they are the standard tinnie you always see. They are definitely not castings. The first four I have not seen similar ones around, so they may very well be castings (also, they were bought from the shady dealer that has sold me EVERY one of my fakes so far), unlike the last two posted that I bought from a different dealer. I will post some more of my standard tinnies here for opinions, and I have much more confidence in them.

Hello gents,

Here is my next batch, all purchased recently from a good dealer and I have confidence theat they are original. Any opinions on these are greatly appreciated as I would like to have my deduction confirmed.

First up is a 1938 Reichsparteitag tinnie. A zinker I believe.

and the reverse of the RPT 1938 tinnie, with mm RZM M9/7 Foerster & Barth Pforzeim. A good original in my view, and it is quite different than the earlier RPT tinnies I've shown this thread, which I assume is a good thing. :blush:

Pat