News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

More Tinnies from the Collection

Next up we have a Tag der Arbeit 1937 tinnie, also in zink I think. Any opinions on originaliy? With the way some of my TR stuff has turned out even finding out that these tinnies are good originals will make my day. I am confident they are good, as they are entirely different than the first four tinnies I posted this topic.

Pat

• Replies 67
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is my favourit Tag der Arbeit tinnie, the 1934 version. The hammer and sicle are an interesting choice,as well as the large headed gentleman. This is an earlier piece, stamped and made out of better material.

Pat

the reverse of the Labour Day 1934 tinnie, with maker AD? Baumfister, Ludenscheid. Any ideas on this one, It looks good to me but any confimation is welcome.

Thanks,

Pat

Here is the last tinnie for opinions today,my Tag der Arbeit 1933 tinnie. This one is in excellent shape and made with the same material as Canadian cap badges. It is stamped with no mm.

Pat

and finally, the reverse of the Labour Day 1933 tinnie, with no mm. All opinions and advice on the first batch of four (consensus=bad) and now my second batch of Labour Day tinnies (I think they are all good, and if someone could please let me know if I'm right, that would be excellent) is greatly appreciated. Thanks again for helping me sort out my originals from fakes, it has taught me a lot about what to look for in originals (especially the pin/catch set-up).

Pat

Hi again,

Does anybody have any opinions on the originality of the (Labour Day) Tag der Arbeit 33-39 tinnies I posted? I think the first four have been covered pretty well (unless anybody else has anything to add) but I would like to hear some feedback on the last bunch, as they look like good, standard, original tinnies. Any opinions and advice is really appreciated.

Thanks gents,

Pat :jumping:

Hello gents,

I have heard a lot of references to the "Husken" book that has tinnies and stickpins. Can anyone direct me to purchasing one of these? Any information on the book is welcome.

Thanks,

Pat

P.S.

No comments on the Reichsparteitag 1938 and Tag der Arbeit 33-39 (last 12 posts) tinnies originality? I assume they're ok, comparing them to Ralph A's posts in the database, but any help is hugely appreciated.

I have heard a lot of references to the "Husken" book that has tinnies and stickpins. Can anyone direct me to purchasing one of these? Any information on the book is welcome.

Thanks,

Pat

This can be bought from http://www.huesken.com & costs about 35 Euros. It does not have any tinnies, it's a catalogue of enamel badges. No reverses are shown.

Cheers

Don

Thanks Don,

Iis there a good book on tinnies out there? Or is the best spot searching databases online like this forum? Any thoughts on the last few tinnies posted? Sorry for being full of questions, but hey, that's how you get answers! :P

Thanks for all your help so far,

Pat

I like the last tinnies - - and also some of the eaerlier ones too for that matter.

BUT - - even tinnies are being copied now - - - I have seen several recently and they are good and will fool the beginner collector - - so heed the earlier advice and be careful - - - there is a 4 volume series of spiral bound books published by Mannions several years ago now and now long out of print - - but you maybe lucky and find them second hand.

As for 60-40 ratio real to fake - - - do not worry I have collected 35+ years and if I am honest / hopefull then 8 out 10 items in my collection are genuine - - - over the years I have passed on items I believed fake only for them to turn out to be original and the reverse is true too !! Its all part of the hobby - - so don't despair - enjoy it for what it is - - a hobby.

Hope this helps.

- enjoy it for what it is - - a hobby.

That's very true Dan, I think we sometimes lose track of that fact, at the end of the day it is just a hobby...... Although for me it's more of an addiction :rolleyes::D

Cheers

Don

Thanks Don and Dan,

So true, it is an addictive hobby for me as well. :P Well I have a few more tinnies to go through and hopefully get some info and opinions on, plus if anybody can comment on the earlier tinnies that would be great. Here is an interesting piece, not sure if it's a tinnie, but it fits in here I think. It is a Winterhilfwerk 1944-45 "snowflake" token with German, French, and Italian writing on it. I think you received this when you donated to WHW. It is a nice late-war piece that shows they were still somewhat organized even late into the war. It is painted white on the front and plain metal on the back. Any comments on this or any other tinnie posted so far?

Pat

there is a 4 volume series of spiral bound books published by Mannions several years ago now and now long out of print - - but you maybe lucky and find them second hand.

Here are the covers of the books mentioned.

Cheers

Don

Thanks Don, I will keep my eyes peeled for these books. If anyone knows of one available please let me know, as i really enjoy finding out about all of the various tinnies and the events they were given at. I have a couple more for you today, the first one is a Saar 1935 with no swaztika. Does anyone know which organization would have handed this one out or the event it was for? It doesn't seem to have any Nazi markings and any info on this (or the previous snowflake tinnie or any item) are welcomed.

Cheers :cheers:

Pat

Here is another non-politically marked tinnie, this one for Lindau. Any ideas on the time-frame and purpose of this tinnie are helpful. It is in really nice shape.

Pat

and the back of the Lindau tinnie (unmagnetic) with maker A. Demmler, Mindelheim, Bayern. Does anyone else have an idea on what other items this maker made or any info on the maker? Please feel free to leave comments on any of the tinnies posted in this long topic, as there are many still hoping and waiting for your esteemed opinions, gentlemen.

Almost through the collection, can see the end of the tunnel now...

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

No comments out there?

Anyways, here is a Hitler Youth tinnie with the same construction as the presumed bad "Tag Der Wehrmacht 1939" tinnie at the beginning of the thread. I got this in the same early lot as the first couple posts. Any ideas on it and the last few I posted (or any for that matter :blush: ) are very helpful to me and other people just starting out in the vast world of tinnie collecting. Also, If anyone has any tinnie collecting books for sale, please let me know. Thanks,

Pat

Another early acquisition, the Seefahrt ist Not 1935 tinnie, maker FR. Zimmermann Stuttgart. The replaced pin fell off and is pictured as well. Any ideas on it or any other tinnie shown?

The HJ Zeltlager 1934 & Seefahrt both also look bad cast copies to me. Anything you have with that pin configuration is bad in my book. You should also look out for Tieste's Tagungsabzeichen Vol I & II which are the tinnie bibles.

Another early acquisition, the Seefahrt ist Not 1935 tinnie, maker FR. Zimmermann Stuttgart. The replaced pin fell off and is pictured as well. Any ideas on it or any other tinnie shown?

Hi Pat,

As promised, here's mine:

[attachmentid=43004][attachmentid=43005]

Along with a few friends. This first is from the Winterhilfswerk:

[attachmentid=43006][attachmentid=43007]

Dan :cheers: