News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

More Tinnies from the Collection

• Replies 67
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dan,

The 1984 tinnie should be in the Post 1945 forum not here. As you've already posted it there I've removed it from this section.

Cheers

Don

Hi Don,

Many thanks! :beer: I'll nudge Pat to move in that direction as I'd told him I'd put those up for him to see. That one was more of an after thought on here than anything.

Sorry bout that! :cheers:

Dan

No real problem Pat, I'm sorry for nagging......

Thanks for understanding :beer:

Cheers

Don

Hi Don,

:cheeky: Now I've been called David... and Dave and many other things I can't repeat here... but never Pat! :rolleyes::lol:

And hey, no nagging... just doing your job. Not a problem. :cheers: Still kind of feeling my way around some things but it'll all come together in time. Preciate the help! :D

Thanks! :cheers:

Dan

Ha, A case of identity theft!

I am the real Pat and I'd like to say those are some nice tinnies Dan (especially the second one) and I will post on the 1984 tinnie soon as I thought it was very cool and an interesting item. Anyways, thanks to everyone for looking and leaving comments and please feel free to comment on any of the tinnies shown :lol: (especially the 44/45 winterhilfe snowflake, I've always liked that one).

Thanks,

Pat

My apologies Gentlemen. It's my age you know :rolleyes::speechless:

Cheers

Don

Hi Don,

No biggie. Don't feel bad... Kim had a great aunt who "insisted" on calling me David till the day she died. I seem to get David or Dave more than anything else so "Pat" really jumped out! :P

Thanks! :cheers:

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot to post this 1932 tinnie that I believe is a fake, it was part of my "early purchases" from the dealer that ALL of my fake stuff came from. The pin has been replaced, but I don't think it matters. I think the other tinnies I have posted have all been good except for the Tag der Wehrmacht 1939, Seefahrt 1935, HJ Zeltlager 1934, and this badge I will post here (all from the same dealer). The disputed 1939 Reichsparteitag and 1937 Reichsparteitag I would still like some more opinions on, and the rest (Labour day set, WHW, SA sword etc ) are all good I assume, and they were all bought post-bad-guy-dealer era so I am pretty confident on them. If anyone else can lend their expertise to sort these out once and for all I would be extremely grateful! Thanks in advance for any further help and I hope to hear from you experts soon :beer:

Pat

I forgot to post this 1932 tinnie that I believe is a fake, it was part of my "early purchases" from the dealer that ALL of my fake stuff came from. Pat

Another dodgy one I'd say I'm afraid.

Cheers

Don

Hello

Why do you say that - - - HJ Potsdam looks good to my eyes !!

A poor/tired example maybe.

Dan

Hi Dan,

I was looking on the reverse, to the right of the pin, looks like casting pitting too me. Also I can't explain the the "blob" on the front. Could be wrong thou', only an opinion.

Cheers

Don

Points well made and taken Don - - - but it is the remains of the pin plate (traditional Hoffstatter) that leads me to "feel" that the badge may be ok but in relic condition - - anyway you are right that these badges have been extremely well copied and I personally would leave the miniature version well alone - - unless of course it came with cast iron provenance.

Intersting thread this - - thanks to all contributors

these badges have been extremely well copied and I personally would leave the miniature version well alone - - unless of course it came with cast iron provenance.

Intersting thread this - - thanks to all contributors

Very true on both points :cheers:

Cheers

Don

Guest WAR LORD

The Potsdam, is without doubt a cast copy. Not the lack of clarity, this is clearl seen. Many other points.

• 1 month later...

Also I can't explain the the "blob" on the front.

Cheers

Don

The blob was created by overheating the sodder when the dealer put the replacement pin on over the remains old pin assembly. He did the exact same thing when the one of the Reichsparteitag tinnies as well, it melted all the way through to the front when he was soldering it back on. As I said before, this HJ Potsdam is likely a fake, but I'm not going to give up 100% hope on it, as there are some positive attributes as well, but the negative is much more evident as pointed out by Chris and Don.

Thanks for all the help so far in wading through these examples, and I think we have ID'd most of them as being good or bad, but there are a couple like the two disputed Reichsparteitag 39 and 37 tinnies that just don't seem like fakes, but I could be wrong of course, and a couple with no comments at all (like the poor late-war snowflake tinnie/pendant in Italian, French, and German) Luckily I did end up with some nice Labour Day tinnies and some others that are stone cold original, so that is good, and I would appreciate any more help on maybe summarizing these as good and bad as it has been a long, strange trip on this thread! :P I definitely see what you mean about accepted pin types and I have been looking at that feature ever since, so thanks again for the sharing of knowledge! :beer:

Pat

Here is a beauty I picked up today on my trip to town, I think it is a WHW piece "Fur Mutter und Kind" 1934. These cloth "tinnies" are very nice and well made. The top part is made of a non-magnetic metal covered in a gold cloth material, and the metal piece is folded together holding the hanging cloth piece in place. I am not sure if the pin was on there originally or if it was added for display purposes as it was displayed on a card, and I can probably remove it if it is not supposed to be there. If anyone can confirm that this is a Winterhilfswerk piece that would be great, as well as any other info on it, and then I can add it to the Tinnie database as I don't think I saw this one on there yet.

CHeers and thanks for looking,

Pat

• 6 years later...

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2012/post-1212-0-01807500-1354399903.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2012/post-1212-0-76387200-1354399920.jpg

Wow! It's been a while since I picked up many tinnies, been focusing on badges and helmets, but here is one more for discussion and the collection. It's a RLB "Luftschutz Tut Not" tinnie, a pretty good one I hear. I believe its original but if anyone has any ideas on it please feel free to share them.

Cheers,

Pat