News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Small silver non "X" tractor screwback. The medal, soldered ring, and suspension all appear to be silver while the snugly fitting screw disk is not.

[attachmentid=40755]

Closeups

[attachmentid=40756]

(Thanks to carelessly drawn drapery, he appears to be playing the flute on her offside armpit :rolleyes: )

• Replies 83
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rick,

Seems to have a pleasing patina... nice piece! :beer: I still haven't managed to get this type yet... with the green ribbon, etc., but hoping to soon.

Love the scans... hopefully there's an Epson :love::love::jumping::jumping: in our not too distant future too. Am working on it as fast as my little dollars will carry me. :lol:

Dan :cheers:

• 4 months later...

But what about the place, the Vystavka Dostizheny Narodnogo Khozyaystva (VDNKh) SSSR, or USSR Economic Achievements Exhibition?

When I went there (with a guide much bemused as to why anyone would want to visit the place, she had last been there as a school kid in the 1960s), it was an interesting experience. The famous sculpture (shown on the medals) had been removed "for cleaning", but most thought it was gone for good.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Hi Ed,

Excellent presentation! :jumping::jumping: Thanks so much for sharing all these great pics! :beer: Really adds alot to those little medals some of us collect. Sure would love some of those statues for my collection. :love::jumping: Very cool!

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Well, this threads been quiet for a bit. I've a couple more new additions to pop on. Not in yet... hopefully by the first of this coming week if not sooner. Photos are by Vitaly Kudinov who I've dealt with for quite some time now and who has been most helpful to me.

Been wanting an example of the green and blue ribboned types and finally I've managed it.

Just found out the green one is the small type and the blue is the larger type. :jumping::jumping:

Can't wait till they get here. I don't have many so far but these are, I think, a nice addition to the small set I have so far. I'm just totally hooked on these medals :love: and hope I'm able to expand the collection down the road as well as continuing to learn more about them. :jumping::jumping:

Edited by Hauptman