News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Need Help In Identifing Waffen SS Uniform

[attachmentid=38788][attachmentid=38789]I obtained several items with the Waffen SS marking. Tunic, two sets of wool tunic pants, fatigue jacket with pants, camouflage pullover with pants, 1943 helmet with Waffen SS marking on one side and nazi logo on the other side. Some of the smaller items are; leather belt with three ammo pouches (plus three extra ammo pouches) bayonet with sheath and frog, entranching tool, Waffen SS badge, gas mask canister, etc. Because of the number of items, my intent is not to post all of the items at once. What I am trying to find out is if these items are authentic. Also, I have a name etched on the entranching tool. Is there any way I can research Waffen SS German Soldiers, who served in the war. I appreciate any help you can give me. Because of my schedule I may not be able to get back to you immediately.

Sincerely,

Iron Cross

Welcome to the forum. :D Glad you could make it. And please, don't hesitate to post everything as there will be something for everyone. :cheers:

Also make sure you set your personal settings so that you'll be notified by email whenever someone responds to this post (or anything you post). That way you can get back to it at your convenience.

I've got my fingers crossed and hope it all works out. :D

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

Hi Iron Cross,

Welcome to the forum!

It is requested that you post photos to include the entire front, back, and inside of the tunic. as well as detailed photos of the insignia.

Thanks~ :cheeky:

Paul

[attachmentid=38856][attachmentid=38857]My image size only allows me two pictures per post. So I will be posting several times to get all the pictures you may need to identify this Waffen SS Uniform. This is post 2

[attachmentid=38859][attachmentid=38860]My image size only allows me two pictures per post. So I will be posting several times to get all the pictures you man need to identift this Waffen Ss Uniform. This is post 3 0f 3.

Hi Iron Cross,

Welcome to the forum!

It is requested that you post photos to include the entire front, back, and inside of the tunic. as well as detailed photos of the insignia.

Thanks~ :cheeky:

Paul

Paul:

Hi Paul:

Thank you for replying to my post. I have set up two additional posts with images you requested. Hopefully the uniform is authantic.

Take Care,

Ron (Iron Cross)

Thank you for replying to my post. I have set up two additional posts with images you requested. Hopefully the uniform is authantic.

Ron (Iron Cross)

Hi Ron,

I think if you'll post all the pics you sent to me of "all" the items with detailed views the same as I'd requested that it will be a good start. Then, if someone needs a "specific" view of an item or items they'll be able to request that and go from there. Hopefully then we can nail down for sure if this set is authentic or not.

For everyone else, this all came as a grouping... two tunics, two pair of pants (one damaged), a belt (sans buckle unfortunately), an ammo pouch, bayo with frog, sidecap, helmet, camo smock, shovel with leather cover, and an infantry assault badge. It came from another individual who supposedly got it from the vet who brought it all back. However, this other individual did not want to divulge the name of the vet or allow Ron to get in touch with him to ask questions, etc. I hope he's able to somehow work that out and actually be able to contact the vet in order to find out more of the history and provenance of these items, assuming everything turns out to be okay.

I can certainly understand someone not wanting to bother an older vet, but I also know fakers come up with "tall tales" to make their garbage more appealing. But if this all did come from the vet I know it would be much better to have more of a provenance on it, especially if it was all captured from one individual or location since one of the pieces is named, albeit hard to make out... but hopefully those who read German script can help figure it out.

I've tried to help Ron with these... but I have "limited" experience with Waffen SS uniforms and as I know SS items in particular have been copied ad nauseum I figured it was best for Ron to come to "the experts". :beer:

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

Thank you for posting the additional photos. Unfortunately, I believe this tunic to be a reproduction. The cut is not what I have seen in either Army or SS tunics. The construction seems to be all wrong in my opinion. Another turn off is the sloppy application of the insignia(tabs). I cannot comment on the insignia, as this is not my field of focus. (even if I did have experience with SS insignia, the photos are a little too grainly to authenticate them).

I hope that I am proven wrong.

Regards

Paul