News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ARAB MEDALS -- Saudi Arabia

Guest Hashemite

Guest Hashemite

Does anybody have pictures and names of current Saudi Arabian medals?

Thanks,

Hash

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Sure, will put some up.

In the interim, see:

http://faculty.winthrop.edu/haynese/medals/saudi.html

(Due to MAJOR internet hacking and wanton data-destruction shortly after 11 September, this site has NOT been undated. Likewise, there has also been some flagrant data theft.)

Not sure I have any medals from The Kingdom there, but you may wish to glance at:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2785

King Abdulaziz Order of Merit

A general order of merit for service to Saudi Arabia. The order is awarded in commemoration of the founder of the kingdom for meritorious service while in government office, for extraordinary deeds of bravery, and for other deeds of service to the state.

For Saudi Arabian nationals, all appointments must initially be to the fourth class and, thereafter, appointments to the higher classes are made by promotion within the order only after a minimum of five years of service in the lower class. For members of the house of al-Saud and non-Saudi Arabian nationals, appointments to higher classes may take place independent of the requirements for promotion within the order.

Established ca. 1955 by King Saud ibn Abdulaziz. Revised and renewed by King Faisal ibn Abdulaziz in Decisions No. 122 and No. 123 of the Council of Ministers, 24 Muharram 1391 A.H. (20 March 1971 C.E.). Manufactured by Tefiq Bichay (Cairo, Egypt) and by Arthus Bertrand (Paris, France).

King Abdul Aziz Chain ? Awarded to non-Muslim foreign heads of state ? A 14-carat 108-cm gold chain with alternating depictions of the Saudi insignia and green- and red-enameled designs. ? Suspended from this is a 140-mm (90-mm?) gold badge of the order.

King Abdul Aziz Sash / distinguished class ? A 100-mm sash (worn over the right shoulder), an 80 mm silver-gilt sash badge, and a 60 mm breast star (worn on the left breast)

first class ? A 60 mm silver-gilt neck badge (ribbon 40 mm) and a 60-mm silver breast star (worn on ??? breast)

second class ? A 60-mm silver-gilt neck badge (ribbon 40 mm)

third class ? A 40-mm silver-gilt breast badge with yellow-enameled design in the center medallion. The 37-mm ribbon bears a rosette. (SHOWN BELOW)

fourth class ? A 40-mm unenameled silver breast badge worn from a 37 mm ribbon.

Nuth Al-Ma?rkat / Combat Medal

Awarded to members of the armed forces who have participated in combat.

This medal was also widely awarded to allied forces in Gulf War II, including United States of America.

This medal is widely and stubbornly mis-identified on eBay and elsewhere. :angry:

Nuth al-Tahrir al-Kuwait / Medal for the Liberation of Kuwait

Awarded for services in the liberation of Kuwait campaign in Gulf War II, between 2 Rajab 1411 A.H. (= 15 October 1990 C.E.) and 14 Sha?ban 1411 A.H. (= 26 November 1990 C.E.). Some allied countries established different elegibility periods for their national forces to accept this award.

Established: By King Fahd ibn Abdulaziz by Decree No. 5127 of 24 Ramadan 1411 A.H. (= 4 January 1991 C.E.). Awards were freely extended to troops of friendly states by Decree No. A/226 of 23 Sha?awwal 1411 A.H. (= 2 February 1991 C.E.). Manufactured by Spink and Son (London, England), by Huguenin (Le Loche, Switzerland), and by many manufacturers in the USA (although usually in low quality). Due to the multiple manufacturers, there is some minor variability in design. The medal shown is a Huguenin striking.

Do you have a picture of the Palestine Medal? Its Saudi

No, current information suggests that while it was instituted, it was never issued (along with all those early Saudi Arabian awards). That whole "first-generation" seems to exist only on paper. Too bad.

• 1 month later...
    • 6 months later...

The case is the same green case the liberation medal comes in...but is larger to accomodate the mini and ribbon...I actually got caught up trying to talk Amu down for the Two Rivers he had and forgot to ask about the Combat Medal :speechless:

The Nut Al-Ma'rkat is very common. Strangely so. Suspect the Italian makers have been flogging them out the back door. When I get around to a Saudi Arabian thread, I'll add it there.

Ed...being common wnat would be fair value for a set? So I dont go into this blindly and either get rooked or pass up a deal?

Thanks as always

Tony

Ed...being common wnat would be fair value for a set? So I dont go into this blindly and either get rooked or pass up a deal?

Thanks as always

Tony

I have seen cased sets as low at $10 or $15, though I have NO CLUE what eBay prices might be.

• 3 weeks later...

Tony, please do :jumping:

Here ya go Darrell....not really spectacular.....but I thought it was nice to have a cased set....paid more than I wanted or should; but I know the guy and know it's not easy for him to get here.....so what the heck.

• 2 weeks later...