News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi gentlemen,

I have had these two Geheime Staatspolizei ID tags since I started collecting a couple years ago, and have always thought they were probably copies. Can anyone help me determine the authenticity of these? Any originals for posting to compare?

Thanks alot,

Pat

I thought so, nice keychains now I guess :P I didn't pay much so I kind of assumed they were bad, but hey, you never know. I can see now what is meant by "pitting" in cast copies, as these are an excellent example of the characteristic.

Pat

I am afraid not! I haven?t had the opportunity to get one cheap or from a seller I trust.Some early and low numbered discs catch up to 12k and that?s something you don?t want to end up screwed with.

The type pictured here is the most simple one to recognise as fake for these discs never have any RZM marking.

• 15 years later...

Hi saw previous posts and I have this ID tag which were handed down from my grandfather. Not sure if original or not  (more bronze colour then the photo shows) but it seems more like an original compared to the fakes I have seen the only thing is the hole is in the opposite end to most. Any Thoughts

274113539_264908042461528_71445364675409273990815_644927306795196_33448702723656