News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

North Korean Awards

• Replies 175
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I have an interest in North Korean awards with a enormous colletion of three orders... Anyway, I have a friend from South Korea visiting. So I shamelessly asked her to translate Gerd's document.

North Korean document structure is:

Name

Date of Birth

Place of Birth

Place of living(?)

Occupation

This gives us:

His name is Sung il, Lee

He was born and grew up in the same place, Chunsan-lee, Euju-Gun, PyeongAnBukDo.

He is not a kind of soldier but a farmer.

But it does not explain why it looks like it was altered. Perhaps it was safer to be a "farmer" when you sell your documents.. :ninja:

Also the award was given on the day Koreans celebrate liberation from the Japanese, 15 Aug.. So it could have something to do with the 40 year jubilee.

/Kim

Hi all;

I've seen pics of most DPRK awards, but I have never seen one of their top order, the Order of Kim Il Sung (which I *think* are the two top stars just below the Hero of the DPRK awards on the general nearest to the viewer in the photo with 3 generals). Anyone have any good shots of that order?

Cheers,

Eric

• 1 year later...

There's much about the orders to admire.. quality seems good, as does the enamel. There's a fellow on the forum from China who has posted a number of Korean Orders on our Sales Forum. A search back through will find some.... many were cased. The problem I see is that this closed society will not be opening up anytime in the forseeable future, so it will remain like the very early days of Soviet (and Cuban)... obscure, scarce and very little detail and information available. A daunting pursuit for sure.

Order of Labor / Noryok Hunchang, first version 1951-ca.1970

Numbered 1893.

Cabral p. 21.

Dear Ed

Congratulations! You got a nice collection. You have to admit it is a fantasy order.

This order 1893 once in my hand. Do you buy from NJ dealer?

Tang Si

Edited by reichsrommel