News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

North Korean Awards

Hi all;

I've seen pics of most DPRK awards, but I have never seen one of their top order, the Order of Kim Il Sung (which I *think* are the two top stars just below the Hero of the DPRK awards on the general nearest to the viewer in the photo with 3 generals). Anyone have any good shots of that order?

Cheers,

Eric

Hi, Eric

Once my friend had one. I will ask him to send me pictures.

Tang Si

• Replies 175
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... and, finally, what I think is the 40th Anniversary of the Korean War Commemorative Medal - feel free to correct me or confirm this award's name !

Cheers,

Hendrik

Hi, Dear Hendrik

You have a nice NK collection. But the names has some mistake. Yours are not the official name:)

Soldiers' Honour Badge should be Soldier Honor Order

Freedom and Independence Star should be Freedom and Independence Order. And the one in your hand is 2cl.

40th Anniversary of the Korean War Commemorative Medal should be 40th Anniversary of the Korean War Commemorative Order

Cheers!!

Tang Si

• 1 month later...

Ed,

Another great collection of items you have. Those old DPRK orders are actually quite something! I have quite a few of the new versions of orders, just because they were cheap and I wanted to see them in person. They're just OK. But I just got in this 1st type Order of Labor, and it is spectacular! It has enamel repair in several places, but it is exquisitely done and for this price it was a bargain. I can't wait to get another old-type DPRK order. :jumping:

Hi Tang Si,

The repairs are on the left and the right side of the banner. It was so expertly done that you have to see it from a very specific angle to notice the repair. It was sent to an expert enameller by a previous owner.

The number of my order is #1464. For the rest it is in excellent shape and I think it's a great order.

Edited by DutchBoy

• 4 weeks later...