News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 75
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely medals,

I like those Kriegs-verdienst Medal's

for their shapes and overall image. I think that they're beautifuller than the Iron Crosses.......

Maybe it's just the malteze cross :)

Those medals were also awarded to factories for having reached certain quota's ?nd therefor helped "winning" the war!!!

Does anyone know more of this practice????

P.s is the screwback one an official one or an unofficial one?????

Edited by Jacky

Here are some of my KVKs...I hope you like them as much as ido...They're all mm exept for the 1st class without swords

Hi Andy,

Beautiful collection! :love::love::jumping::jumping: Thanks so much for posting them. Such displays with multiple pieces really make a strong impact in my opinion. They just look great together. Well done! :beer:

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

I hope this picture's a bit better....

Hey, as far as I'm concerned, don't sweat the pics being perfect. If you've seen mine you know what I mean. :P:lol:

I tend to worry and fret over all of them I do with my digital and still, no matter how hard I try most come out less than the perfection I'm shooting for. I have an Epson scanner coming... I hope. It's from a friend who owns the local computer store. Not sure if it's going to be a freebie or what... got that impression the first couple of times he mentioned it but I don't want to push. It's a scanner/printer combination with the print heads shot. But he believes the scanner still works fine. He got really busy these last couple of weeks so hoping to pop back over this week and check on it. With luck I'll get it soon one way or the other and finally be able to scan again. I have an old one but it requires a sci-ci card installed and I can't do that on my laptop. And it was beginning to have problems anyway.

Great stuff. Love those cased KVK's! :love::love::jumping::jumping: And those mini's are very nice indeed.

Dan

Thanks again Dan. and good luck with that scanner ( i haven't had much success with them either..)...Freebies are always nice.. :beer:

Here's the last of my hoard for now...These are addicting aren't they... :o

Edited by ANDY BUTKUS

Thanks again Dan. and good luck with that scanner ( i haven't had much success with them either..)...Freebies are always nice.. :beer:

Here's the last of my hoard for now...These are addicting aren't they... :o

Many thanks! :beer: Keeping my fingers tightly crossed. But even if I have to part with a few bucks it should be well worth it. At least it'll keep me going till I can afford a newer one.

Very nice grouping. Especially love those stickpins! Nice find on those. :love::jumping:

These sure are addictive, but guess you could say that about any facet of this hobby... well any hobby in general. :P Lord knows I have enough of them... just ask my Mrs... or my son. They groan at the prospect of more, as does the house. :cheeky: But I must say they've been extremely supportive of my hobby insanities over the years. I'm most grateful for that.

Again many thanks for sharing your KVK's with us. Here's hoping you can continue to add to them over time.

Dan :cheers:

I'm sure i will Dan...That is if the EKs and the wound badges don't get in the way... :speechless:

Hey, I sure do know that feeling all too well. There's always something else tempting one away. But it all adds up and makes for great show and tell... something I don't think any of us ever grew out of. :beer:

Hey, have you shown your EK's and Wounds in their appropriate sections... if so please pop me a link as I'd love to check them out. Have actually been working on my wounds over time... found out I ended up with a well known copy for the gold but luckily it was from when I started out way back when so not alot in it. And still need a silver 57 issue to finish that set. Been keeping my eye's peeled for deals on both.

Dan

My EK and Wound badge collections are small at the moment but i'm working on them both...I think i've posted a few pieces here awhile back...I'll have to take some more photos...

Yes, definitely! :beer: And hey, size of the collection is immaterial. As they say, if you have two or more... you've got a collection. On IC's I used to have about thirty or so WWI 2nds as anytime I'd see them, even without a ribbon for say $10 to $15 or less I'd grab them. Wish I'd held on to them all. Got talked out of them by a couple of pirates from Ohio... long story. :angry::banger:

I have one WWI 1st, one WWII 1st cased, an 1870 2nd and I think three or four of the WWI 2nds. So far, no 57's but hope to run into one for cheap some day... ideally one of each grade but don't think I'd get quite that lucky. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing yours.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Here?s mine.

A Julius Bauer S?hne, in a mint state :cheers:

Cheers,

Ricardo

IPB Image

:love: That is quite the minty example Ricardo, I have noticed most of your pieces fall into the EXTREMELY good condition category. Here is my Souval, in not so minty condition but I love it! Thanks again to Laurence Strong for the great KVK1 combatants.

Nice crosses guys!! :love:

I used to have a few of these. Where is Laurence?? These are, or used to be his thing.

Again, great looking pieces.

Fritz,

I would love to see more close ups. You too Marcus. We don't see the RK versions very often.

I used to have a few of these. Where is Laurence?? These are, or used to be his thing.

Again, great looking pieces.

Fritz,

I would love to see more close ups. You too Marcus. We don't see the RK versions very often.

Jim,

I have some good closeups of both that I'll get posted here soon. These are very under rated in my opinion and somewhat looked over awards.

Fritz

I am around ;) Like you I am having computer woes, my home computer (P4) motherboard blew up, this is an inconveinience as it is still under warranty and I will get a new one in time, so I am using my laptop (P3), but it has a software conflict with my scanner and I left the cable for the internet in my trailer, I am using my sons old computer (P3) that does not know the meaning of "multitask" it just bogs down :speechless:

On top of that work was keeping me busy, thats why I have been more active lately.

So here goes, I have thinned out my collection some - you are more than welcome Pat, I would have liked to be there when you opened it, cause you did not know me from adam and couldn't fiqure out what was in the mail :cheeky:

Rk w/o swords MM1 Deschler & Sohn

KvK1 w/ swords MML/15 Otto Schickle

KvK1 w/o swords MM15 Freidrich Orth

KvK2 w/ swords MM19 E. Ferdinand Weidmann

KvK2 w/o Swords Envelope for Carl Poellath MM84

KvM LDO envelope

I hope you enjoy, if you want to see something closer let me know :beer: