News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I also believe that the SS-BW stamped armband is a fantasy. The stamp means SS-Bekleidungswerke and does not make sense on an armband. It makes more sense in a pair of trousers but I am suspicious of the stamp shown on the trousers in this thread also. I believe that the printed SS armband with the stamp inside shown in this thread is a postwar fake as well. This type of circular stamp was intended to be used on the outside of an armband, as seen in the first yellow armband posted in this thread which is a textbook original. The yellow "Waffen-SS" embroidered armband is different from what I would expect to see but I am no expert on those.

Sincerely, Chris

Hallo Chris, :cheers:

the trousers belong to a friend of mine called Boris, who is a collector in South Germany, they were bought from a farmer in a small village in the Allg?u region of Bavaria, where my friend had called to do some plumbing work, he has picked up a lot of iii reich stuff that has been hiden away on old farms.

From his local research he found out the the ss had clothing factories located at Buchenwald Camp complex.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

I have learned a good deal concerning german armbands. And from what I have learned so far is that they are faked very easy. Where would a good online site be to purchase a party armband at? I'am really not wanting to collect armbands but would like a good original one for my collection and militaria display.

Kev, the trousers could be real. The graphics of the stamp are different from known original SS-BW stamps I have seen, but of course more than one stamp must have existed. These stamps are often added to fake uniform items to make them seem more authentic so I am always suspicious.

Here are two good dealers that sell original armbands at reasonable dealer prices:

http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPages/Cl...ge.htm#Armbands

http://www.lakesidetrader.com/cloth.html

I will try to post some of my Wehrmacht armbands in this thread when I have time.