News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Schlesischer Adler / Silesian Eagles

8 hours ago, xxx said:

you have probably seen this on ebay, before the pics are lost will safe it here

s-l1600g.jpg

s-l1600gg.jpg

s-l1600ggg.jpg

Fake group. The Silesian Eagle, the Iron Division Medal and the SSVK medal are all fake. The Lippe Merit Cross is likely fake as well.

16 hours ago, Simius Rex said:

As I mentioned above, the seller Keteheimdall is one of the Schrägstich Faker's eBay user names.  Several fake bars have already been sold and are currently being sold. 

Current Auctions:  https://www.ebay.de/sch/kelteheimdall/m.html?item=125586074240&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

Past Auctions:  https://www.ebay.de/sch/kelteheimdall/m.html?item=125586074240&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

I don't believe these groups are actually sold most of the time. These auctions often have a bidding history marked by the phrase "Angebot mit nicht öffentlicher Bieter-/Käuferliste" (Offer with non-public bidder / buyer list) which I think indicates that the seller has a shill bidder acting on his behalf in an attempt to get some interest. This is why the same groups often show up again and again for sale hoping that eventually some sucker will enter a genuine bid and buy them.

16 hours ago, Simius Rex said:

• 5 months later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    On 30/06/2023 at 20:14, WRANGEL said:

Hello Gentlemen,

I would like to have your opinions regarding this Silesian Eagle 2nd Class. Is it good or a copy, and if good the possible Maker ?

Yours Sincerely

Bill

P1200809 - Copie (2).JPG

P1200810 - Copie (2).JPG

P1200811 (2).JPG

P1200813 (2).JPG

P1200814 (2).JPG

well-known fake

• 8 months later...

Original Silesian Eagles with Oakleaves and Swords are now quite scarce especially this type which was purpose built rather than a conversion. The oakleaves and swords are riveted rather than as if often the case fastened through a drilled hole by means of flat splints. The badge is heavily vaulted and the oakleaves and swords vaulted with it to form a very tight fit. Unfortunately, the original matte black finish on the obverse was polished off, most likely by the original recipient as was often done to make the badge "shine". In hand, the details are quite fine.

SA sw ol compsm.jpg

SA 1 sw OL.jpg

SA 1 sw OL2.jpg

SA 1 sw OL3.jpg

SA 1 sw OLrev.jpg

SA 1 sw OLrev5.jpg