News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Schlesischer Adler / Silesian Eagles

Guest Rick Research

Exactly. No problems at all with your 1st, Eric. I prefer the smoothies to the enamelled ones.

What's the color backing on your ribbon bar? If it's dark blue :rolleyes: as I suspect it will be (or black) then there's a shot at identifying the Naval owner.

Reversed swords are more indicative of sloppiness than anything symbolic. Nobody in their right mind would do that deliberately-- it would be like parading with inverted flags dragging.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, this is my first post. :unsure:

I buy recently (in ebay.de) this enameled silesian eagle.

I would like to know your opinion about this bird(I apologize by my ignorance):

It?s an eagle of weimar era or third reich (or... :( !horror!... a fake)?

It?s possible to know the maker?

Thanks for your replies and sorry for my horrible english.

aguila1ik2.png

aguila3gy7.jpg

aguila2av4.jpg

Edited by palencia

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

after to see many photos of silesian eagles, the most similar one that I have found

is this eagle. The maker is Max Reich (Breslau)

img3057fd2.jpgmaxreich1dh9.png

Somebody knows if this approximately made in 20?s or 30?s?

Best regards.

Guest Rick Research

I don't know who made the Eagle with swords. Its feathers don't match Max Reich's bird. Swords and wreaths were banned on Sileseian Eagles by the Nazis, so no later than the early 1930s.

Hi

What do you think about this medal here. Have a look about the swords. It is the first time I see such swords on Silesian Eagle In the Hartung's book there is nothing. This is probably a unique item made for this officer.

Christophe

• 1 month later...

I don't know who made the Eagle with swords. Its feathers don't match Max Reich's bird. Swords and wreaths were banned on Sileseian Eagles by the Nazis, so no later than the early 1930s.

Thanks for your reply, Rick

Hi all,

I wondered if perhaps, by chance, anyone might have a spare length of Silesian 2nd class medal ribbon they'd be willing to part with? :unsure: I put in the request in the "wanted" section but so far no replies. Thought I'd pop the request here as well just in case. Can be real or modern production... I'm not picky. :P

If you have one please PM and let me know how much and we'll go from there.

Mucho thanks in advance! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Hi all,

I wondered if perhaps, by chance, anyone might have a spare length of Silesian 2nd class medal ribbon they'd be willing to part with? :unsure: I put in the request in the "wanted" section but so far no replies. Thought I'd pop the request here as well just in case. Can be real or modern production... I'm not picky. :P

If you have one please PM and let me know how much and we'll go from there.

Mucho thanks in advance! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Try the OMSA Ribbon Bank

• 2 months later...

Hi

What do you think about this medal here. Have a look about the swords. It is the first time I see such swords on Silesian Eagle In the Hartung's book there is nothing. This is probably a unique item made for this officer.

Christophe

hi christophe,

another possibility is that this officer had a riveted version of this eagle w/swords. perhaps the rivet was loose when this photo was taken. that's why the swords appear crooked.

• 1 month later...

I've been meaning to update my flock here for ages. I'm currently looking for a nest - b*ggered if I know where they are all coming from!

Looking through this thread, there seem to be an amazing number of varieties - and still more to find!

Regards

Mike

Obverse...

• 3 months later...

Hello, I've got a small appeal to all Freikorps and especially Silesian Eagle Collectors. I opened a thread in a german WW1 Forum where we try to define the different variants and production periods of those variants of the Silesian Eagle.

I don't really succeed in collecting Informations of the SA, because they seem to be spread very rarely. As I saw some very good posts in this forum depending on the eagle, I want to ask you if you could send me all Informations about this medal you have.

I would be very pleases for any information! Please write me an PM or an e-mail.

Thank you very much

Greetings

Elsadeni

• 1 month later...

Hello to all,

This nice little grouping belongs to a collector friend of mine. The recipient was awarded both the First and Second Class Silesian Eagles in December of 1919, while serving as a Kanonier with Reichswehr-J?ger-Bataillon Nr. 8. In WWII, he attained the rank of Flieger-Stabsingenieur.

Best regards,

Tom