News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I have a DKiG group to a German torpedo bomber pilot who sank 7-8 allied merchant ships in the med during the war. in the papers are the dates and locations of the sinkings.

So far I have managed to find sweet fanny adams about the ships.....

Does anyone know anyone who could research these?

is there an online list of ships that went down?

Thanks

Chris

You need to pop along to the PRO at Kew one afternoon after taking Whiskey out for his walk and look up the "ships' movements cards" (BT 389 I think).

My step-grandfather was a merchant seaman who was nabbed/volunteered as a TX 124 man, I have the details for the ships he was on before he became TX 124. They show each port of call.

Tony

Chris

My late dad-in-law was one of them sunk by U-boats and I did a little research years ago. The National Maritime Museum at Greenwich, England - the place with the "mean time" - has a whole website full of research bases and links. Hope this helps.

Peter :blush:

Guest Rick Research

I've got an officially published (1920s) British list for World War ONE-- surprised HMSO never got out the same for WW TWO.

The Germans had their own Merchant Marine losses done in 1954-- got that one too.

It would amaze me if there isn't a full list out there somewhere. If not, there needs to be! :beer: