News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

Have a look of this ribbon bar. With the RL of 1914, I have found only several matches but only one seems to be the good. I think it is ribbon bar from Hauptmann Hannemann. If someone has got the solution, I will be very happy.

Regards

Christophe

Hi Chris,

Nice to meet you here. The second ribbon on the right is the ribbon for Knight cross with X of the House and Merit Order of Peter Frederik Louis of Oldenburg

Regards

Christophe

I have a ribbon bar with that decoration, but the swords threw me. I never knew it came with them.

Thanks,

--Chris

Guest Rick Research

Oldenburg used the same ribbon for a variety of decorations.

Christophe-- sorry, but it is NOT Alexander Hannemann-- Marine Infantry are shown in the Navy Lists too and he joined the army 21 November 1891, so he had an 1897 Wilhelm I Centenary Medal.

Who are your other suspects?

Hello Rick,

My others matches are Hptm Anderson, Kleist, Christiani, Uhling, Bylbuig, Frhr von Gall and Stabartz Dr Borwek. But if anyone of them convain, who belonged this beauty ?

Regards

Christophe

I have got some others ribbon bars from Colonies.Let me sow you my treasure.

The first one from Hauptmann Caspari, Pour le Mérite winner. It is a trapezoidal ribbon bar (pre-1915).

post-176-1116464770.jpg

post-176-1116464770.jpg

Caspari.jpg

Edited by Dave Danner
    fix diacritic

Guest Rick Research

Scratch Anderson and Christiani-- they were both Hauptleute in 1909, which means 1897 holders.

Couldn't find WHICH Kleist, "Uhling," Freiherr von Gall, or "Dr.Borwek," so their UNITS would help save time.

Friedrich Karl von BYLBURG is a very good choice BUT!!!!

Hauptmann 1.10.13 O21o

Oberleutnant 4.8.09 L7l

Leutnant 8.10.98 S2s

BUT-- In 1905, neither he nor his ? brother WERE "von Bylburg." And they were not even "Bylburg"!!!! Whatever name they had until circa 1907 was CHANGED FROM SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

I tried looking in China 1901 and 1902 for THAT LEUTNANT SENIORITY date, but I could not find anyone with it. He was subsequently in Telegraph battalion 4 and then the Testing Section of the Verkehrs Technical Prüfungs Kommission.

He needs to be found by his Leutnant seniority, revealing his OLD pre-"von" name.

Edited by Dave Danner
    fix diacritic

Guest Rick Research

It was late last night, so didn't think of this-- I went and tracked down his BROTHER, and sure enough, by matching the seniorities--

between 1905 (old name) and 1907 ("Von Bylburg") they CHANGED their family name... from

von Heimburg. And Friedrich Karl (ex-von Heimburg) von Bylburg was in Southwest Africa (only) so that scratches HIM as possible too.

Process of elimination takes as long as finding one... to end up with NO result. Such is the weary life of researching! :speechless-smiley-004: :food-smiley-004:

• 3 months later...