News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Deruelle said:
    It is an Austrian jubilee medal Kaiser Franz Joseph. Caspari received this medal in 1898.

Christophe

Your medal is on the wrong ribbon. The medal you show is the Jubiläums-Erinnerungsmedaille, which is worn on a red ribbon (officially "ponceaurot").

The Kriegsmedaille is a different medal, worn on the black-laddered yellow ribbon shown. Here is an example:

http://www.austro-hungarian-army.co.uk/km73pic.jpg

Edited by Dave Danner
    fix diacritic

ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH?.. in hospital with a broken shoulder angry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

Next week they are going to get my arm repaired, at the moment I am sitting in the chair like a fixstar: no way to move and shining bright from all the drugs?.

But back to topic?. The history of Austrian medals and awards is the big white gap in my knowledge ? it`s a shame, I know? I can`t help you with this Austrian medal problem but I can share some german colonial groups with Austrian medals on it if you like? It can take a while, I have to wait for the next possibility to move a bit , I hope in 2 hours the mega gagaland is gone and I can have some clear thinkings for a moment? rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Heiko

Hi Stogie, no problem - it is one of my human rights to have bad luck, too.... sad.gif

I could need some more valium or morphine... speechless.gifunsure.gifjumping.gif but it is hard to write with one hand and takes along time... at the moment the arm is fixed and next week I will come under the knife....

Now I have a bit time to show some more things from my collection to all of you... I will start a new topic with some of my miniature chains - enjoy!!!

Heiko

Hallo Heiko,

I wish, too, that you will be better soon... concerning bidding against eachother: that's really tough, maybe in future we should discuss that in advance in order not to step eachother on our toes. Btw, the last Colonial bar you got from Thies, I wasn't the second highest bidder...

Ciao,

Claudio