News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hauptmann, I guess these these experiences make collecting a nice hobby. Sometimes you lose some (mostly because of your own stupidity) and sometimes you get your hands on some thing special (mostly because of coincidence). The fact that it's not as predictable as the weather makes it a intersting hobby. I guessluck is more important than money in this 'business'. So with a little luck I will have my own VVO soon beer.gif

Keep an eye out on German Ebay:

www.ebay.de

Search for:

Vaterländischer Verdienstorden

You can often find DDR deals on there. One drawback, at least for me here in the states, is not too many German Ebayers seem willing to take Paypal. And many that do don't necessarily list that in their auctions.

And if you find one (or other things you want) remember it never hurts to make an offer. Absolute worst they can say is no and you're no worse off. But if they say yes you've come out ahead and even if they come back with a counter offer it can still save you some money.

Let me know how you make out on this.beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

• Replies 228
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dan,

sorry, but the VVO in Post 220 is twice not correct.

First it is a wrong replaced ring (to big).

Secondly it is a wrong medal to the bar or the other way round.

For this medal with the granular reverse fits only another ribbon bar, as you can see in Post 135 (no srews):

http://gmic.co.uk/in...pic=8727&st=120

Uwe

Edited by speedytop

Hi Dan,

sorry, but the VVO in Post 220 is twice not correct.

First it is a wrong replaced ring (to big).

Secondly it is a wrong medal to the bar or the other way round.

For this medal with the granular reverse fits only another ribbon bar, as you can see in Post 135 (no srews):

http://gmic.co.uk/in...pic=8727&st=120

Uwe

Hi Uwe,

I knew about the ring being a replacement and not the much smaller size. But as some repairs go this one is quite sturdy and well done. Just should be smaller... totally agree on that. Only way to correct it of course is to go to a jeweler and have it redone.

On the bar I wondered about that. So is that for one of the earlier smooth reverse awards?unsure.gif I know they used those on the higher grades but this is definitely in bronze... I just double checked it in good light. Again for what I got it for I'm not worried if it's a bit of a missmatch.beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

• 1 year later...

Just got a chance to get some backlogged scanning finished. Some fire medals and badges:

Guess I'll have to start keeping an eye out for the rest of the qualification badges to finish the set at some point.

I definitely will be needing the 40 year medal to finish off the medal set:

Dan :cheers: