News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DRA Full Set

Guest Darrell

Guest Darrell

Darrell-- you simply need to get an EPSON scanner. NO OTHER kind allows YOU to set size and dpi to exactly what YOU want and not its preset so you have to resize baloney. 31% at 1200 dpi? No problem. 387% at 150dpi, sure. Zoom in before scanning and get the image in one take, none of that 53 steps "editing" labor. I just got a "Perfection 4490" in October, but they're probably up to 5774 by now. :cheeky: Hard to FIND a scanner anymore that is JUST a scanner and not a combination global positioning satellite, fax machine, clothes press, and home entertainment center. :banger:

:beer:

Amazingly I have an EPSON :rolleyes::cheeky:

However an older model Perfection 610 and can only get up to 600 dpi.

What's your model?

• Replies 75
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darrell

Darrell,

I have an Epson 1260 Perfection it will go up to 9600 dpi, at 1200 dpi it renders a very good result.

Regards, Hardy

9600 !!!! Wow ... what did it cost?

Guest Darrell

I bought it 3 years ago - it is just a scanner does no other tricks but it has an attachement to scan slides. The price then was just under $ 200 Can.

Thanks. Maybe I'll go shopping this weekend :jumping:

Guest Rick Research

And here, so we can celebrate his birthday annually, is the entry for Herr Marcus out of the Lippe-Detmold Leopold Order Roll:

• 1 month later...
    • 4 months later...

Hi,

last night I bought another badge in Silver with 31 (20.50 Euro) :D

And few days ago nobody want to buy a badge in Gold with 31, start price 40 Euros :o

Regards

Uwe

Hi Uwe, I'm new at collecting in general and collecting sports badges in particular, so assumingt they are genuine, would the DRA gold and DRA bronze that I bought for 51 euros be a good or not so good price?

Hi Uwe, I waited till I received my reply about whether DRA badges are or should be mostly original, and I looked at some other prices at some dealer sites, and took a chance and bid for them. My German is sadly not as good as it once was in my youth, but here is the description from the seller -

Einmal in Gold mit dem Hersteller Hofjuwelier,Eugen Marcus und in Bronce mit dem Herst.H.Wernstein L?bstedt+DRGM.

• 1 year later...
    • 5 months later...
    • 2 years later...

hi. i am just an amateur and newly started collecting ww2 items, but i recently bought an "early drl badge wirh jugend marked/written on the front". the seller thought it was an wightlifting award. have anyone here seen one or might this be a fantasy piece?

• 1 year later...

Hi,

it's long ago, but I want to add some more informations.

Rick showed his fantastic 0.900 Gold badge: "I wonder how much the German Olympic Committee would offer me for the ONLY one in the entire world?"

But I know now, that there are some more of these Gold badges in gilded 0.900 silver. And because there exist two different versions, I don't think, that they were awarded badges.

I have two of these badges with the same stamp 0.900, but with 2 different needle sytems. Please compare left the example from Rick and next the two badges in my collection.

Uwe

Eugen Marcus DRA Gold 0900 Rick u. Eigentum.jpg

• 2 months later...
    On 21/12/2019 at 23:02, speedytop said:

Hi,

it's long ago, but I want to add some more informations.

Rick showed his fantastic 0.900 Gold badge: "I wonder how much the German Olympic Committee would offer me for the ONLY one in the entire world?"

But I know now, that there are some more of these Gold badges in gilded 0.900 silver. And because there exist two different versions, I don't think, that they were awarded badges.

I have two of these badges with the same stamp 0.900, but with 2 different needle sytems. Please compare left the example from Rick and next the two badges in my collection.

Uwe

Eugen Marcus DRA Gold 0900 Rick u. Eigentum.jpg

Dear sir, I have a question. The physical fitness medal was established in 1913. Has it been awarded in WW1? I haven't seen any of the photos in 1918. .

15 hours ago, speedytop said:

Hi 1812 Overture,

it was established in 1913, awarded in 1913 and 1914, and in 1914 stopped because of the war. Further awards were not made until 1919.

The first three years only awards in Bronze and Gold, since 1920 also in Silber (based on the first regulations).

Uwe

Thank you for your answer. Can you show me pictures of the badges issued before the WW1 war?