News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some British Cap Badges

Hello all,

My thread on Canadian and other Commonwealth cap badges is getting lenghthy, so I decided to put all my purely Brit cap badges on this topic. I really don't know much about the British cap badges (Canadians are my thing) so any info, no matter how small it may seem, is helpful to me (ie. ww1 or ww2, info on regiments etc).

First up is my fave, an Armoured Corps cap badge with "Fear Naught" written on it. Any ideas on this badge?

Thanks,

Pat

One more for today, this is a ww1 British artillery cap badge I believe. It is broken on the reverse, but a nice one nonetheless. Can anyone confirm the ww1 estimate?

Thanks,

Pat

Hello Avitas,

Regarding your artillerybadge. I have some badges which were found in the area of Ypres. 200% WWI. Grandparents were living on historic places. If something was found, a badge, button.... it was put into a box....almost 50 years long. Ten years ago, I got the box. I couldn't believe my eyes......... :jumping:

Everything was very oxydated and I cleaned it with nitric acid.

I also would like to add, sometimes we see badges as a collecting items, but let us also show respect for the owner. These badges were lost in battle, in many cases the owner lost his life.

this item has a closed part between the spoke's

Jef

[attachmentid=41816]

Reverse of the last badge. Some people might think some reverses are cleaner than the revers of another badge. This was my fault. The longer you put the badge in the acid, the cleaner it is.

Dear Avitas, hope you can ID your badge as a WWI badge

Kind regards from Flanders,

Jef

[attachmentid=41828]

Nice examples Jef :beer:

It is true that we should think of the people that earned these badges, as this is the main reason I collect, to hopefully someday be able to show and tell people the history of these items. It appears mine is a WW1 issue, but it is not a match to any you have posted. It has a maker mark of Irwin? London so if anyone knows about this maker please leave some info,

Thanks again,

Pat

It is true that we should think of the people that earned these badges, as this is the main reason I collect, to hopefully someday be able to show and tell people the history of these items. It appears mine is a WW1 issue, but it is not a match to any you have posted. It has a maker mark of Irwin? London so if anyone knows about this maker please leave some info,

Thanks again,

Pat

You' re welcome Pat, always.

Jef :beer:

Hi Larry,

Yes the badge has the brown colour so I would reckon it is an officer's badge. I also have a Calgary Highlanders badge in the brown colour, so I assume it is an officers cap badge as well? Here is a pic with the brown colour and a standard one I would say.

Pat

Thanks again,

Pat

i think you'll find the maker is FIRMIN

i think you'll find the maker is FIRMIN

Hello Harribobs,

Thank you for your message. Considering it's age and the terrible times they went through, I'm afraid I cannot see any marks on it. Normally the makers mark is on the fix pin, I guess(?) but these pin's are broken off.

best regards,

Jef