News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi lads,

I have thought about a reference thread based on an original book on WHW tinnies.I will start off with the collection from 33/34. If you like the idea I will continue till 38/39.

Now here is the book all this can be found in. It is the 2nd edition from 1939,so there might be follow ups with the missing years,but I am glad to have found this one.It also contains the Gausammlungen,but that part is text only.Interesting to note the author?s mentioning the help of collector?s nationwide to gather pictures of the tinnies.

[attachmentid=42028]

• 2 weeks later...

Don,

I didn?t find a fitting translation myself so I had left it in its original form :blush:

I would go with the googled one this time till someone comes up with something more eloquent,precisly it would

be monthly door-plaques. These were intended to be fixed onto doors somehow.I am afraid though I never handled one myself I don?t know what material they are made of-cardboard,plastic,metal could be used.The ones from 35/36 do indeed look like postcards. Maybe someone else has such a "door-plaque" and can tell us more on them?

Regards

Edited by Rosenberg

I think this just goes to show how much will still have to learn about events of only 70 or so years ago, & how difficult it can be. I cannot imagine what it's like studying a period from hundreds of years ago :speechless:

Cheers

Don

• 1 month later...

Don

I bought it off an old guy who ran a junk shop he said it was displayed in the window of houses. It is a little smaller than a postcard with no gum and is blank on the reverse.

Reinhard Tieste does a series of books on WHW Items, I have the first volume but there is a volume just for T?rplaketten !