News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hallo Gentlemen, :beer:

thought I would show and share this picture, I picked it up while thumbing through a couple of hundred mixed postcards at the collectors exposition in Deva on Saturday, I nearly left it as group photos, without medals, don't really intrest me, but when I looked on the back this one was quite interesting, as it appears to list the names and some of the Regimental numbers of the group pictured, as my reading of the script is not too hot, so I will attach a shot of the rear of the card itself, for anybody who is interested.

At least this group are no longer a bunch of unknowns.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Guest Rick Research

Looks like either Mjr or Mj v. BERKA, Hptm MAYER, and Oblt HAHN for the officers-- so only Berka is an unusual enough name to perhaps be traceable.

It must be some sort of a course-- I agree the numbers seem to be regimental, but too many for one division.

Rick, Kev,

probably Albert Edler von Berka of K.u.K. Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 12. Edler von Berka was certainly no "flyer". Promoted to Hauptmann on 1 November 1909, he was still a captain in early 1918 so presumably this photo dates from late 1918.

An Oberleutnant since 1 May 1899 he was serving with Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 27 before the war.

Regards

Glenn

Rick, Kev,

probably Albert Edler von Berka of K.u.K. Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 12. Edler von Berka was certainly no "flyer". Promoted to Hauptmann on 1 November 1909, he was still a captain in early 1918 so presumably this photo dates from late 1918.

An Oberleutnant since 1 May 1899 he was serving with Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 27 before the war.

Regards

Glenn

Hallo Glen & Rick :beer::beer:

thank you for your great in put :jumping::jumping:

Seems all armies had the "Cushy" types or leadswingers, even in the orfficer class :P

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva