News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Red Bible Has Arrived!

• Replies 150
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Wow, for once I must be right up in the very front of the herd. The view up here is much better and no dust at all! :P:beer:

I do hope ya'll get your copies soon. Really looks terrific and hope to dive into it shortly.

Dan :cheers:

Hey guys! :beer: I've got to say... so far... well worth it!!!! :jumping::jumping: And I love the stories he tells from the recipient's records. I really wish they'd do a book just on a ton of those. I could read them forever!!!! :jumping::jumping: Just unbelieveable the kinds of things those men and women went through and the punishment they took. Talk about the Russian bear! WOW! Like the three pilots who ran out of ammo and rammed German planes and survived to tell the tale. Unbelievable!!!!

Can't wait till ya'll get your copies and we can compare notes. I'm up to the ORB section. Great stuff!!!! :cheers:

Dan

And I love the stories he tells from the recipient's records. I really wish they'd do a book just on a ton of those. I could read them forever!!!!

For the past five years or so I've thought about doing a book on just those - the citations for various Soviet awards, from HSU on down. Unfortunately, I just don't think there's a suitable market out there to make it worthwhile to a publisher. Until there is one, I just put the stuff on my website and "that was that"

Dave

Guest Darrell

Until there is one, I just put the stuff on my website and "that was that"

Dave

Where's that Dave?

Guest Darrell

www.forvalor.com

Perhaps you've seen it before? :beer:

I'v seen certain parts of it, but not the whole thing. Thanks. :beer:

And I love the stories he tells from the recipient's records. I really wish they'd do a book just on a ton of those. I could read them forever!!!!

After PMing with Dan and from this thread, I had a thought come to me... Would anyone be interested in a less-formal book with citations for awards? While a formal (e.g. nicely published with hardback and all) would involve more time than I have, I would be willing to self-publish a book (somewhere around 100-125 pages) that would just be of translated citations for awards.

Were I to do that, would there be any interest in that? Based on the cost of printing my thesis (167 pages) with the same binding as Charles Sharpe's order of battle books, it would probably run around $40 a copy (or so).

Before I embark on putting a hundred or so citations into one document, I'd just like to see if anyone were interested. The citations aren't doing much sitting on my hard drive, so if someone (well, more than someone!) could be interested in them, I'd be happy to do it.

Dave

After PMing with Dan and from this thread, I had a thought come to me... Would anyone be interested in a less-formal book with citations for awards? While a formal (e.g. nicely published with hardback and all) would involve more time than I have, I would be willing to self-publish a book (somewhere around 100-125 pages) that would just be of translated citations for awards.

Were I to do that, would there be any interest in that? Based on the cost of printing my thesis (167 pages) with the same binding as Charles Sharpe's order of battle books, it would probably run around $40 a copy (or so).

Before I embark on putting a hundred or so citations into one document, I'd just like to see if anyone were interested. The citations aren't doing much sitting on my hard drive, so if someone (well, more than someone!) could be interested in them, I'd be happy to do it.

Dave

Hi Dave,

By tomorrow I should know one way or the other whether my GPB has sold yet. If it has, then I'll be one of the first ones in line... for an early copy... authographed if you please. :P:beer:

I'll confirm as soon as I know. But yes... I personally would absolutely love a copy. Will be the perfect companion to the Green Bible. :D

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

Edited by Hauptman

Dave,

I forgot to ask for an autographed version, PLEASE!!!

:beer: Doc

Hi Doc... seems I'm starting trends left and right these days! :cheeky: Does sound like a wonderful book though, doesn't it?

Dave... will there be any pics at all? Or just text? Just wondered.

Guest Alanirvine

[attachmentid=45329]

Gentlemen,

Got mine in the mail today and I would like to thank Paul for personally signing it for me.

:D

Alan

Guest Darrell

[attachmentid=45329]

Gentlemen,

Got mine in the mail today and I would like to thank Paul for personally signing it for me.

:D

Alan

Hey Alan,

Is that a separate paper he sent or inside the cover?

If inside, don't these come sealed with plastic wrap, or did he remove it to sign it?

Looks Great :beer:

P.S. Wow ... signed June 25 .. delivered June 28th !!! How was it shipped??

Edited by Darrell

Guest Alanirvine

Darrell,

The book was wrapped with plastic wrap but had been opened.

It was shipped US Postal Service VA to CA and was postmarked on the 26th. Not bad!

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Dave,

It sounds as if you have a project that will benefit all of us.

:beer: Doc

Book update... I'm at 160 pages right now, and rapidly growing. I estimate that the book will be about 250 or so when complete. If I get it bound the same way I did my thesis (as a paperback) it should run around $30 a copy or so. I'm actually finding it to be quite interesting!

Dave

Received the "Green" Psalms to the "Red Bible" today :P:beer:

Hey, congrats! :beer: Happy reading! :D Just finished yesterday myself... but am continuing to use both for reference of course. Can't keep from picking them up to look up this or that.

I think you'll really enjoy it.