News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My latest addition

Look at what arrived today.

A big thanks to Chet who spotted this group for me! :cheers:

All named to 1270 WL Neal RAMC, the TFEM has the number 419011. Don?t know what the half ?Gaunt? cardboard box was for though, it has Miss MJ Neal written on it.

Tony

Hi Tony!

Nice Score!

Must be hard to find these named to Neals...

I have trolled my local medal dealers stock for Neal medals with no luck..

I have just sent over a pair named with the same surname as the Gent receiving them...he just wanted them for 'vanities' sake..( thats what he said...)

This is a good group with the territorial long service medal included...

Funny how certain groups pop up here and there isn't it... as just locally a group of WW1 trio and the RN LSGC with the same ship HMS Actaeon on the LSGC as a group i have here...just turned up...am tempted...but he wants twice as much for this lot as i paid for the other lot!! small world eh!

Keep up the good work!

Regards

from NZ

Paul

Tony,

I am happy to see another Neal return home!!! How many do you have? I am happy that I could help another member out, especially one that has given me plenty of help in the past. :beer: I have misplaced my yearbook and I am not familiar with the last medal. Could you enlighten me?

Chet

Paul,

A small world it is indeed, these came from a place a long, long way from me, a place in fact where today is now tomorrow and where my Aussie relations say the locals have a very strange accent.

Can you guess where they came from?

Chet,

I?ve not got many as I only started collecting them about a year ago tops. I have a pair, a trio, this group and the rest are odd singles and a plaque.

The Territorial Force Efficiency Medal was awarded to men and NCOs who had completed 12 years service. Territorial 'time' in the Great War counted as double. William Neal?s TFEM was issued in May 1921 and has the correct post 1919 ribbon.

All the ribbons are full length and were probably put in a draw in the 1920s, and look like they've been there ever since.

I've been told the the cardboard box for Miss MJ Neal (his daughter?) would have held a Red Cross medal.

Tony

Funny accent! Harrumph!

You should try to listen to an Aussie droning on...its enough to make you go and learn Swahili!

Yes i get the drift...they came from NZ...wow! tis indeed a small world...( especially with the advent of the Internet!)

Cheers

Paul

So far I have found one Brit/South African group to Boonzaier... he fought on the brit side in the boer war :blush::blush::blush:

The name Boonzaier first burst onto the scene in South Africa around 1750 and we all originate from him, so he is related in a way.

It was on auction. A boring QSA-KSA... and instead of the EUR150 it was worth.... I paid over EUR500.... There just happened to be another bidder with a passing interest.

No way that will ever get a fraction of that price again :-(

Guest Darrell

Look at what arrived today.

A big thanks to Chet who spotted this group for me! :cheers:

All named to 1270 WL Neal RAMC, the TFEM has the number 419011. Don?t know what the half ?Gaunt? cardboard box was for though, it has Miss MJ Neal written on it.

Tony

What's special about this name? Is that your last name Tony? Or some other story behind this one?

Guest Darrell

Yes Darrell, my name :D

Tony

Cool ... I'd ask about medals named after my last name ... but I'm in the Witness Protection Plan with Bob, so I'd best pass on that approach :P

Edited by Darrell