News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Poland Cross of Valor

Here's my first of what will be a complete set of Poland's Cross of Valor. Fig 97b in Z. Wesoloski's book on Polish ODMs.

Cross of Valor 1920. Made by Spimks and Son, Ltd. This version authorized by the Polish Government in the West re-adopting the 1920 on the bottom arm of the cross.

The Polish Navy awarded 1,056 crosses and the Air Force awrded 3,122 crosses. There is no data available for the Polish Army and Merchant Marine.

The cross is 46mm.

:beer: Doc

Here's the Cross of Valor in the plush Spinks & Son, LTD case.

Hi Doc,

Great pieces! Especially LOVE :love::love::jumping::jumping: that case!!!! An absolute beauty. Seems most of the Warsaw Pact countries cases lacked bases... except for Hungary, although there were a few nice Bulgarian ones with bases too. And in Poland at least for the higher ones I suspect... like my Polonia Restituta. No idea why as it seems like a no brainer... gonna make a nice case, go the extra step otherwise the award gets jostled around inside.

As you've seen my Cross of Valor (later type... 1944) has no case... :( but hopefully some day I'll be able to pick one up so she'll have a home. My bronze Cross of Merit is in the same boat I'm sad to say. But all things come in time to those who wait. :D

Keep em' coming! :cheers:

Dan

Dan,

Wait a couple of months when I get Polands Order of Virtuti Militari Grand Cross cased and the VM 2nd Class & the 5th class. I already have the 3rd & 4th Class of the Vm.

Doc, I can't wait to see them!!!! Especially that GC set cased. To me, the most impressive of Orders look a thousand times better "cased". I hope and pray that I can somehow, sometime get a case for my GC of the Romanian Crown. Would also absolutely love a case for my Order of the Griffin. And eventually my GC of the Legion of Merit... haven't posted that yet, but coming soon to a theater near you! :cheeky:

Kevin said he'd check around out his way for the Romanian one. I do hope he has some luck. That poor set has been crying out for a case for ages. I got it in a riker mount and then had to use that for other things. Don't have near enough rikers for what I need them for and about the only time I ever got them was in deals with stuff in them or if I occassionally found them for cheap at flea markets.

I have some nice bigger display cases including three locking metal types but they're all big and just don't have the space to display with them... yet. I keep hoping someday... :rolleyes:

So for now smaller types like the rikers are what I have to go with.

Well, keep them cards and letters coming! And lots and lots of pics!!!! Love dem pics!!!! :D

Thanks! :cheers:

Dan

Dan,

I also have the 2nd - 5th classes of Polands Order of Polonia Restituta. After a year or two of searching I should have the Grand cross set this summer. A friend is going to Europe and said that he has posibly found one for me :jumping:

I'll post'em as I get 'em!!! :P