News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

Took these a week or so ago and finally have the time to pop them on. This is just a part of the militaria that is at our local musuem and an extremely small part of the entire collection overall. Very interesting place.

On the militaria they know very little. I've been trying to help correct that but some items are outside my area of expertise... or things I only know enough about to be dangerous. So any comments would be most welcome.

Enjoy! :beer:

First off is an IC 2nd class. Until I went over to take these pictures it had sat for a ton of years with no ribbon. Many thanks to Tom Y. for being kind enough to donate a length of ribbon for it. Now she's all dressed up and showing off! :love:

[attachmentid=42860]

[attachmentid=42861]

There are no maker's marks that I can find. I just know she looks a whole lot better in all her finery. Thanks Tom!!!! :cheers:

Next, an Imperial German enlisted man's cap.

[attachmentid=42862]

[attachmentid=42863]

It's in terrific shape and appears to be complete.

And here's a stahlhelm while we're on the subject of headgear.

[attachmentid=42864]

[attachmentid=42865]

[attachmentid=42866]

[attachmentid=42867]

It still has part of the original liner material as well as a capture tag. The info on the man who captured it is written on the top and the tag is from the medal unit to which he was assigned showing that one of the officers had approved this as a war trophy.

Again... although not German, here's a North Dakota National Guard Long Service medal...

[attachmentid=42884]

[attachmentid=42885]

And the display in the case...

[attachmentid=42886]

We're hoping to redo the case soon and add another so things won't be quite so crowed. Would love to redo some of the labels, adding whatever information can be gathered on each item. How I'd love to have each and every one of you come and take a tour and help to sort it all out.

Well, I saved what I think is the best for last. :P An Imperial German regimental pipe which looks to me to be extremely complete and in excellent condition. Any info on this would be deeeeeeply appreciated. :D

[attachmentid=42887]

[attachmentid=42888]

[attachmentid=42889]

[attachmentid=42890]

[attachmentid=42891]

[attachmentid=42892]

[attachmentid=42893]

[attachmentid=42894]

Again this is just a very small portion of their collection of militaria, much of it U.S. but as you've seen some excellent German items as well. They also have some WWII items and some earlier pieces.

I do hope some of you will someday be able to come for a visit and take a tour. I think you'd enjoy it. We'd love to have you. :beer:

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

Hi all,

Have begun to get comments on the headgear and one of the gasmasks but was also hoping for some on this beautiful pipe. Am surprised no one has commented on that. It was buried in the cabinet and I'd never even known they had it... and they didn't even have the foggiest idea what it was.

I've seen these before but never near as complete as this one seems to be.

Would deeply appreciate any or all information, opinions, comments and possible valuation on any of these pieces as well as the pipe.

Many thanks! :cheers:

Dan