News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Romania - Grand Cross of the Romanian Crown

Hi all,

Here's another piece I got ages ago (no I won't mention that magic number :P ). I keep hoping to find the case for it but that's beginning to feel like the impossible dream.

I believe I paid around $200 to $250 for it and no idea what they're running nowadays. Yet another thing I haven't kept up with. Was a one time shot as I love the old Imperial Orders, yet they're generally way too expensive from say England. This was in my range at the time, looked great so I grabbed it. :P

[attachmentid=43058]

[attachmentid=43060]

Nice set! The Romanians made some beautiful orders. stunning work.

sam.

Hi Sam,

Many thanks! :beer: I totally agree. I'd love to get the Star of Romania some day to go with this. But fear that's going to be a tad bit out of my range these days. But nice to dream. :rolleyes:

Dan :cheers:

[attachmentid=43069]

[attachmentid=43070]

I just know if I can ever find the case for it it will be absolutely gorgious as a full set.

Dan :cheers:

Hallo Dan :beer:

Just saw your posts, nice Romanian items, :jumping::jumping: Resch was a top maker for the Romanian Royal family too, with regards a case I will be attending a Collectors meeting in Brasov, central Romania on the 24th of June, 2006, I will ask around about a case for these items, while the collectors meetings are not specifically for militaria, decorations, medals and militaria items do turn up, the Brasov ones get good attendance from all over Romania. :D

I go four to five times a years there, it entails setting out the night before at 22:30 and traveling by train, a 3 and a half hour wait in the small hours of the morning at the Brasov train station, thank god for coffee machines :love: then a healty 35 minute walk to the Factory canteen where they hold the meetings, it opens at 07:30 in the morning till 14:30, a walk back to the train station then to wait for a 19:30 train back to Deva where I live, arriving at about midnight, in the summer its ok but the November and February meetings can entail facing blizzards and deep snow, but nothing is to much for the dedicated collector :P:jumping:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Hallo Dan :beer:

Just saw your posts, nice Romanian items, :jumping::jumping: Resch was a top maker for the Romanian Royal family too, with regards a case I will be attending a Collectors meeting in Brasov, central Romania on the 24th of June, 2006, I will ask around about a case for these items, while the collectors meetings are not specifically for militaria, decorations, medals and militaria items do turn up, the Brasov ones get good attendance from all over Romania. :D

I go four to five times a years there, it entails setting out the night before at 22:30 and traveling by train, a 3 and a half hour wait in the small hours of the morning at the Brasov train station, thank god for coffee machines :love: then a healty 35 minute walk to the Factory canteen where they hold the meetings, it opens at 07:30 in the morning till 14:30, a walk back to the train station then to wait for a 19:30 train back to Deva where I live, arriving at about midnight, in the summer its ok but the November and February meetings can entail facing blizzards and deep snow, but nothing is to much for the dedicated collector :P:jumping:

Hi Kev,

Wow, I didn't know that! I've been able to find very little in my references, etc. on this particular Order. Just out of curiosity, any idea what a case might run for this? My fear has been that it will be well beyond me at the moment. But if one turns up that's not to much I'd definitely be intro'd. Just have no idea what they run. As I say I don't even have any idea what this set would run now... just what I paid for it way back when.

Sounds like you really have an adventure going to those meetings. But in a way it sounds like fun. Of course folks think we're nuts for moving from Florida to North Dakota... everyone has this impression that we're in the Artic or something!

Oh, as I was not sure where to put this, as it seemed to fit a couple of categories, I also put it over in the Orders, Medals & Decorations of Belgium, France and other European Nations section. Should I write to the moderators and let them sort it out or is it better on this one to have it in both?

Sometimes it's just hard to decide where some things go.

Well, got to run and hit the bed for now. But hope to be back to posting at some point tomorrow.

Very much appreciate your willingness to check on that case for me. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. And definitely owe you some pizza's some day. :cheers:

Thanks!

Dan