News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A friend of mine has the possibility to buy this british uniform (lieutenant, maybe fusilier line infantry).

Unfortunately we are unable to date the uniform. (sorry for the bad pics)

could some of the gents give us some enlightement if this uniform is post-1945 or prae-1945? and finally what would be a reasonable price?

thanks in advance

haynau

The uniform is that of a Colonel, Royal Artillery.

The rank Crowns were in use from c. 1902 to 1953 when they switched from the Tudor Crown to the St. Edward's Crown.

Usually there is a tailor's label in one of the pockets, which may give the date an owner.

• 1 year later...

Without a closer look at the pockets it could be an other ranks Blues jacket from any period since WW1- present day. If the rank is correct, why no medal ribbons or Colonel Gorgets ? plus those are not Officers RA collars for a start. I think someone has put on the WWll Colonels rank to get a better price.