News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

I got these AGES ago! Have had them forever and a day. As far as I know they all go together. Was going to wait until I got a scanner but figured after taking pics of Soviet and Bulgarian documents and it working out fairly well that I'd go ahead and do these and take a chance. But can always redo them with the scanner once I get one.

Hoping perhaps to find something neat about this individual, assuming that is that it is all to one person.

Anyhow here goes.

I'll start with his picture:

[attachmentid=43593]

[attachmentid=43594]

[attachmentid=43595]

And the writing on the back:

[attachmentid=43596]

[attachmentid=43597]

I've skipped pages 17 through 23 as they were blanks which were the same as those which had just gone before.

Here's the last page:

[attachmentid=43624]

This is covered with a purple paper cover.

The top left is a full page, the top right and bottom left are blowups of that page and the bottom right is the next full page:

[attachmentid=43629][attachmentid=43630]

[attachmentid=43631][attachmentid=43632]

Edited by Hauptman

Top left and right are blowups of the full page in the last post:

[attachmentid=43633][attachmentid=43634]

Then the following two pages:

[attachmentid=43635][attachmentid=43636]

Attached to the bottom left page above is another sheet which folds out. Somehow I missed getting that :speechless: so will include it after the final post. Many apologies. Not even sure how well it will turn out, but I'll try.

Edited by Hauptman

[attachmentid=43637]

And now some other documents that were with the set:

[attachmentid=43638]

Reverse:

[attachmentid=43639]

Next document:

[attachmentid=43640]

Reverse:

[attachmentid=43641]

Next document:

[attachmentid=43642]

Bigger shots of same, top and bottom:

[attachmentid=43643]

[attachmentid=43644]

And the last document:

[attachmentid=43645]

And the reverse:

[attachmentid=43646]

I hope someone can make something out of all this. I can read a word here and there in the script but not much as I'm just not used to reading German in script.

And again, if these pics are not good enough I'm happy to try again once I get my scanner.

Also many apologies if I included anything unnecessary but as I didn't know what would be needed I felt I'd better put as much in as possible. It always seems as if when I assume I don't need to show another view someone requests it. :P Hopefully I didn't go too far the other way this time. ;)

Hope it's worth it.

Many thanks! :cheers:

Dan

And here's that add on page. I tried it several ways. First the full page... unreadable but gives you an idea of how it looks in the book:

[attachmentid=43647]

Next is one that I "finally", after multiple tries got to come out half way decent with the flash:

[attachmentid=43648]

These next two were hand held under a light believe it or not. They're the best I can do right now. Willing to try again later today if it's something that looks important. Seems to be some sort of figures written lightly in purple ink.

[attachmentid=43649][attachmentid=43650]

Guest Rick Research

Uh, nope. You DO need a scanner. :rolleyes:

Yeah, all seems related to one Ernst Lorenz, who emigrated to America in 1923 and apparently changed his name to "Ernest Lawrence" whereupon his old bank refused to cough up his measly forgotten savings as "no such person ever had an account with us, sniff."

His teenaged Work Book is almost completely over scribbled with groceries lists.

can't read the military stuff.

EPSON. Think EPSON.

Uh, nope. You DO need a scanner. :rolleyes:

Yeah, all seems related to one Ernst Lorenz, who emigrated to America in 1923 and apparently changed his name to "Ernest Lawrence" whereupon his old bank refused to cough up his measly forgotten savings as "no such person ever had an account with us, sniff."

His teenaged Work Book is almost completely over scribbled with groceries lists.

can't read the military stuff.

EPSON. Think EPSON.

Hi Rick,

Much appreciate the try. Kinda figured it would be too hard to make out alot of this. Have had them forever and would love to know... but knowing my luck the whole thing is probably just grocery lists. :( Sigh.

And trust me... as soon as I get the money up Kim and I are heading to one of the bigger cities up here and we're gonna buy an Epson per your recommendation. :beer:

Again I deeply appreciate your making a try on this. As soon as I get the scanner I'll redo all of this. Just tell me this... do you just need the pages that are filled in and such? And do you not want me to fool with the Arbeitsbuch? Just let me know what you'd want redone and your wish is my command. :beer:

Thanks! :cheers:

Dan