News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear Gents

A member of this forum, by the name of Glenn J (whom I have much to thank for :jumping: ), added to my knowledge of the career of Georg Emil Theodor M?ldner von M?lnheim the following:

22.3.1917 Major und Bataillonschef des II. Bataillons Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 220, K?mpfe in Russland, 15.5.1918 dem Kriegsministerium ?berwiesen, 17.5.1918 Milit?rkommission Kiew, 9.11.1918 Bevollm?chtigter des Kriegsministeriums f?r die Ukraine, Gesandtschaft Kiew, 1.3.1919 demobilisiert, 24.7.1919 Versorgungsabteilung des Kriegsministerium, 9.4.1920 Abschied mit Pension und mit der Range als Oberstleutnant.

I have 2 questions:

1. Are there any sources (literature) covering the german presence in the Ukrain, would there be a possible picture of GvM in it?

2. Would there be a chance his decorations are mentioned somewhere?

3. Was he attached to the Gesandtschaft in Kiew as the Bev?llmachtigter des Kriegsministerium, as I understand correctly?

I am interested not only in a possible source of his deco's, but in the germans in the ukraine in general and in 1918 in particular.

Thanks a lot

David

Edited by David M